So what, have you gone blind?

The day was clear but cold and the wind slapped Taehyung in the face with every passing step. His scarf was tightly wrapped around his neck, his nose nuzzling into the warm cloth as his cheeks reddened by the speed he was walking at.

He had thin framed glasses perched on top of his nose since he had been reading in the library before Woozi found him. The glasses were fogging up now by the huffing and puffing he was doing by being tugged along.

Taehyung was being dragged to the familiar coffee shop with a big smiling Woozi pulling him along, his other hand already out to wave to the table in the corner where four others sat. Two boys and two girls waved back, all four of them equally as beautiful. "Hey guys, this is Taehyung".

Woozi basically pushed the blonde in front of him, letting Taehyung bask in the awkwardness that were first encounters. "Hi", he smiled shyly, sticking his hand in the air to do an awkward wave. "I'm Taehyung".

He wondered how he looked with his glasses slowly slipping down his nose while they were too fogged up by the warmth in the coffee shop to actually see. He awkwardly took them off and wiped them on his scarf as one of the girls broke out in a smile, "You're so cute! I love your outfit, is that a second hand jeans jacket? So vintage!"

"This is Yong Sun", Woozi chuckled, "She's studying fashion".

Taehyung bowed to her and then turned to the other girl that was waving at him. "My name is Hye Jin", she said, "I study fashion as well, but I'm less of a fashionista than her".

"I really like your sweater, it's pretty", he bowed to her, slipping his glasses back on when complimenting the soft pink sweater that hung off her small figure.

"I'll lend it to you someday", she offered with a big smile, which took Taehyung by surprise.

These people were so nice even though he probably looked a like a loser right now. He had never been this insecure about his appearance nor his social skills but ever since moving into the big city, everything was different.

"These guys here are Changbin and Leedo. They both study History so they're nerds", Hye Jin spoke up again, motioning towards the two boys sitting on the opposite of the table. One of them frowned and stuck out his tongue, "Hey! You're the nerd here".

"Nice to meet you", the other said, ignoring the girls, "I'm Changbin, and this loser is Leedo but you don't have to pay much attention to him. We don't do either".

"Hey!"

Taehyung chuckled at Leedo's reaction, the boy seemingly offended but playful. "Don't ignore me, I'm the coolest out of these nerds".

It took five minutes for them to get to know who exactly Taehyung was. The minutes to hear about the misunderstanding Taehyung had faced ever since beginning college. Then twenty seconds for them to assure him it was fine and promise to clear the assumptions if any of his classmates mentioned it.

He had friends. That was the first thing he realized when arriving home.

They were nice. They were understanding. They were so sweet that he had even blurted out his love story already, talking about Jungkook in details as if he was a teenage girl gushing about her high school crush.

Maybe it was like that. He missed Jungkook, wanted to be with him, dreamt of him, thought of him, as if he wasn't his mate already. They were together. They were soulmates. And yet he seemed unreachable even though he was only on the other end of town.

He wanted to tell Jungkook about this development but couldn't get him on the phone. While flinging his phone onto the bed, he could feel his mood dampen and he quickly shook his head.

This wouldn't ruin his mood, he wouldn't dare to let it ruin his mood. He was going to see Jungkook on Saturday anyway. They were going hiking together since they hadn't been able to spend much time together and it had been one year ever since they became friends. (time flies)

They would be celebrating it in a tent, like the old times, and running around in wolf forms, like their first date.

It was going to be perfect.

Jungkook swayed a little from left to right, his dark hair sticking out in every direction as he waited at the bus stop for Taehyung to arrive. A big yawn left his mouth and he stretched his arms as the people passed him, chattering among themselves.

His head was pounding a little and he was tired as hell but he was excited for the weekend with Taehyung to begin. "You reek of alcohol".

He snapped his head towards his mate who he hadn't even heard walking up to him – and he also hadn't been able to smell him either. Maybe that was due the fact that he reeked of a mini bar – which he may have drunk yesterday.

Taehyung eyed him with a look of distaste, his nose scrunched up, "You smell like a hungover from 10 miles away- are you still drunk?"

"No, I slept for a full three hours", Jungkook replied with a shake of a head which got him dizzier than expected, "I also drunk some coffee".

"You obviously didn't have time for a shower", the omega scoffed, "I guess I'm neither hugging nor kissing you today".

Jungkook pouted at that and turned to his mate, "But-"

The bus that they were taking to go to the next town over halted in front of them.

"No, you should've thought about me before going to a party, getting drunk, then hungover and getting up too late to fix your appearance", Taehyung snapped and got onto the bus, leaving Jungkook behind without a single glace.

He was so pissed. He'd been looking forward to this weekend for such a long time and Jungkook shows up like this? Doesn't he fucking care at all?

He let out a loud huff as he sat in the back of the bus, propping his backpack onto his lap.

"Are you mad at me?" Jungkook slid in the seat next to him, propping his own backpack onto his lap as well. Taehyung could tell he was making puppy eyes at him but he didn't care about the boy's cuteness for once.

"Great guess. You get zero points for that", he snapped, leaning back.

The alpha followed his movements and tilted his head to the side to stare at his omega, "Taehyung-"

"No Jungkook, I don't want to hear it", the omega said, cutting the other off, "I've been looking forward to this weekend for so long and then you don't even seem to care. I constantly miss you Jungkook. Do you even miss me in your busy college life? Does a single thought of me get enough time to flash across your mind?"

Jungkook was probably feeling his emotions through the mate bond and he hoped it'd hit him hard. He wanted the older to know just how upset he was about this. He wanted him to be sorry.

He wanted the stupid teenage girl and her crush feeling to disappear.

Jungkook was his mate. Mates were supposed to miss each other, think of each other, please each other, and none of that seemed to be happening inside of Jungkook's mind.

Was Jungkook really that happy without him? Then why wasn't Taehyung happy without Jungkook?

I made a playlist for Morphine which I will place in the comment section here since links don't work in a chapter.

Also thanks for reading! It'll be an interesting weekend for the two love birds.