Seaweed Brain

The entire pavilion erupted into raucous.

For all you who don't know, raucous means disorder.

I had frozen in place.

Son of Death... Daughter of Rome...

Oh come on! Couldn't we just have a few peaceful millennia?

Reyna's hand tightened around mine.

"It means us, doesn't it?" She whispered.

I sighed.

"Of course it does." I muttered.

"You know we're going to have to tell them who we are now, right?" Reyna whispered miserably.

"I know. Now seems like a good time, huh?" I asked.

"Why not?" Reyna asked.

Chiron had managed to quiet down the camp, and I stood with a sigh, pulling Reyna up with me.

"Chiron? I think you'd better know our real names." I said, sounding a helluva lot more confident than I really was.

Chiron turned to us, a question clear in his old eyes.

"Why would we need to know now, Archangel? Does it relate to the prophecy?" He asked quizzically.

"Afraid so." Then, to Reyna, "On three?"

She sighed.

"Why wait?" She asked, and we pulled off our cloaks hoods in synchrony.

____________________________________

We honestly hadn't changed much.

My raven-black hair had grown out a bit, though I hadn't exactly had time to visit a barber lately.

My eyes were still dark, almost black, my skin still a pale olive.

Reyna was almost exactly the same.

Her chocolate brown hair was shoulder length, and her eyes gleamed with that proud defiance that terrified and amazed me.

Her skin was a bit paler than it used to be, almost the same color as mine, but a few hundred years under a cloak will do that to a person.

The majority of the campers simply stared at us. I had to remember that they hadn't ever seen us before.

But a group of young adults in the corner, sitting almost silently at one of the tables, burst into shocked cries.

One girl with golden eyes and mocha colored skin dropped to her knees, and a burly boy with a bow slung over his back put a hand on her shoulders, comforting her.

I recognized them all. There was Hazel, Frank, Leo, a girl with auburn hair and freckles that I had never seen before, Piper, Jason, Percy, and Annabeth were all there. And they were in complete shock.

Hazel had broken down crying, Frank comforting her. Annabeth seemed to be running calculations in her head. Percy and Jason shared similar dumbfounded looks. Leo's nose burst into flames, and Piper batted them out.

I raised my hand and gave them a weak smile.

"Nico di Angelo and Reyna Ramérez-Arellano, also know as the son of death and daughter of Rome, at your service." I said and Reyna smiled halfheartedly.

A moment of silence fell. Then, it was broken by a dumbfounded Percy.

"But you have wings." He said, proving to ever be the same Seaweed Brain. Some things never change.