thirty-four ☆ allergic to walnuts

NOVEMBER
of twenty-nineteen

narrator's pov.

"no way," presley gasped, looking at what the oakland high school instagram account had posted.

rosaline and elena hovered over her phone, and were shocked as well. the blonde remarked, "a shared senior trip with pineland high?"

the two blond boys walked over to presley's locker, and joined the conversation, and daniel asked, "did you see the news?"

"yeah, we're sharing our senior trip with pineland," elena answered.

rosaline squealed, "this is great! not only did i get to spend homecoming with jonah, i also get to go to hawaii with him. same goes for presley and jack, and june and corbyn!"

oh gosh, i have to spend an entire vacation with june and corbyn together?, daniel thought.

"speaking of the couples," rosaline started, "why don't we all go on a triple date?"

"a triple date?" corbyn and presley asked at the same time.

rosaline nodded, "how about tonight at the bamboo palace?"

"uh, i'm not sure, rose," corbyn admitted, "what about elena and daniel?"

"psssh, we'll be fine," elena pointed out, "you guys have fun."

"i guess i'm in," presley agreed.

-

jack 🦦:
we have an issue

presley 🧸:
oh no

presley 🧸:
what's wrong?

jack 🦦:
it has come to my
attention that both
of us only have
our permits

jack 🦦:
and the restaurant
is like twenty five
minutes away

presley 🧸:
what do we do?

jack 🦦:
i guess we have
to ask someone
for a ride

jack 🦦:
let's ask june
and corbyn

presley 🧸:
are u going
to ask or me?

jack 🦦:
you since corbyn is
your best friend

presley 🧸:
oh right

presley 🧸:
okie dokie

-

presley sighed, and remembered that she had never informed jack that her and corbyn weren't on speaking terms. they hadn't texted in over a month, and she didn't know how to start her message.

"do i formally greet him or just ask for a ride?" presley mumbled, "hey corbyn, how are you? is it okay if jack and i can get a ride from you and june? ew, no, that was terrible."