32 ⋆ 𝙞'𝙢 𝙙𝙤𝙣𝙚

A\N: long chapter. grab snacks my loves 💗 some references from chapter 29

Lolas POV

when morning came, it took much convincing to get billie to still go and do her job.

I didn't want to hold her back from anything. I felt like I had to push her.

starting this new girlfriend thing, I knew there were gonna be many more hard moments like this.

as much as it hurt, we decided not to say any goodbyes. because it wasn't.

more like an 'i'll see you in person later'.

and as much as I knew this would be a very hard thing to do seeing as attached to each other we both already are, I'm pretty okay with it. I just had to accept the fact that,

my girlfriend is thousands of miles away from me, but I still feel just as connected to her as if she was sitting next to me every moment of the day.

I felt good that morning. that day.

which was until everything started crashing down in front of me...

a week later

I ran upstairs to my room and slammed the door shut, locking it quickly with tears in my eyes. they blurred my vision as I dug through my closet but I wiped them as I looked up at my shelf.

a small jewelry box sat by itself on top of it, I reached up and grabbed it, putting it on the bed.

I opened it up and took out money rolled perfectly and I counted it.

five hundred bucks I had been saving up in case of emergency.

this was one of those moments.

"This should be enough, I hope," I say to myself sniffing some as I take a deep breath, which hitched when I heard the door handle shake.

"Lola, open the door. now please" my mom's voice came from the other side.

I looked around quickly and started stuffing clothes into my small backpack. I started heading for my window when I heard my mom again.

"Can we just talk?! please!" she yelled again.

I wanted to cry again but I didn't have time.

I bit my lip as I stood by my window.

I'm so done with this, I don't wanna be here anymore and I can't keep bearing to hold all this shit on my back

I can't do this

I looked at my door one last time before turning and opening my window up. I climbed out and shut it.

I climbed down the side of the house and once I got to the bottom I just ran.

and I kept running, without looking back.

I needed to take a break. I needed to be with someone who can just hold me right now.

I needed to be free

earlier that day...

1:30 pm

this week has been miserable, as I expected.

my mom has been making me work my ass off, but eventually, she gave me my phone back which was great because I was going insane

I was sitting at the counter and eating cereal when my mom walked by taking my phone out of my hands and placing it on the counter.

"what the hell?" I exclaim. she gives me a look and I roll my eyes.