Chapter 20

"What happened to them?! That can't be right!" a young boy with brown hair and a light shade of green eyes looks at his father. "The guy dies. The main characters got out of that place. Did they leave happily ever after?!"

The man chuckles as he tucks his son in. "Some stories should remain a mystery for listeners to just imagine what will happen next."

The boy huffs. "That's what dreams are for." His eyes shine happily, pushing up the blankets. "Oh yeah! I dreamt that I was a caterpillar that has fangs of a vampire! I was chomping on leaves! Then I met a dog who keeps barking a lot!"

The man roars in laughter. "That sounds like an awesome dream. Time for bed so that there are more dreams to come."

The child frowns and lays back down. "What are your dreams about? Are they about caterpillars too?"

"Yes. Sometimes they are about dragons, and robots, and space! Sometimes I can dive underwater and swim like a shark!" He made a chomping hand gesture and pretend to bute his son's neck. "This daddy shark will eat little fishes who don't like to go to sleep!"

"I will go to sleep! I will go to sleep!" The child exclaims. He pulls his blanket on top of his head to protect himself from the daddy shark.

"Daddy shark will go now. Sleep well and have good dreams, Eli." The man kisses his son's hidden forehead before closing the lights and leaving the room. 

In the hallway, a female stretches and yawns. "How were you able to remember all of that from when I told you years ago?" She asks him, groggily. "It was like you read my mind, Mallory."

Mallory wraps his arms around Blaire and kisses her tenderly. "I don't know I just remembered your point of view and added it with mine. Honestly, I tried to make the story as child friendly as possible. I don't want to give my son any ideas with guns for now."

"What? As his mother, I would never allow him to hold a weapon! I've held it, and it was only for emergencies!" Blaire mumbles.

"I might tell the real story in the future. Eli would need to know about his genetics."

Blaire chuckles and kisses him back. "He is only six. The future is still far to think about. I just couldn't believe it happened many years ago."

He kisses her forehead. "But it was a past worth remembering. If Bastia didn't pull you out of her castle, I would have never found you."

Blaire hums. "I think that no matter what the circumstance may be, fate will always bring us together. No matter what dimension, world, or storyline tells our lives. We belong together like Romeo and Juliet."

"That seems a bit macabre,  I was thinking more like Elizabeth and Darcy," he murmurs. 

Blaire laughs. "That doesn't sound like us at all.

 He leans closer to Blaire. His lips brushing against her skin. "To figure it out, do you want to  travel to a whole new dimension tonight?" 

She gently pulls him to their bedroom. "If only I get to choose which dimension to go to. I feel like I miss Bastia and Michael..."

Groaning, Mallory follows Blaire in a whole new journey of wonder, mystery, and imagination.