49

When we reached my penthouse I asked Jennie if she wanted me to call someone to pick her up but she told me she'll stay in my penthouse for a couple of minutes and she'll go back to work later. I told her to grab a short or jeans inside my closet as I leave her inside my room to change and all that.

I go downstairs and called my secretary to inform her that I'll just take some break and I will be back later on. I tried calling Rosie so she can just look after Jennie but she wasn't answering. I called Jisoo and she told me they're in the middle of a meeting so she told me to just call them back later after the meeting.. in short I'm stuck with Jennie. It's not that I don't want to be around her it's just that... it is really awkward for the both of us or for me at least. Ofcourse I am comfortable around Jennie cause she completely knows me because we've been together for years but we also broke up already so that will be kinda weird in some sort of way.

Since Jennie's taking too much time inside my room I decided to go upstairs and knock on the door. I tried knocking for 3 times but she wasn't responding. I decided to just go in since it is my house anyway. When I roam my eyes around it's empty but the bathroom door is still close.. she's taking too long inside the bathroom

"Ms Kim " I called out realizing Jennie doesn't want me to call her that way "Jennie " I called out again but she's not answering "I need to go back to work immediately.. are you done?" I ask. No response.

Right now I'm really thinking if I should just barge in or just stay here. A part of me wants to literally go inside cause she's not answering and it'll be bad if a worst case scenario happens. I also don't want to go in cause who the fuck will barge inside a room with a person in it.. I mean we aren't together anymore so that'll be rude.

I stayed beside the door for a couple of minutes deciding on what to do when the door finally open and Jennie already changed into a short and a hoodie... my hoodie?

"I told you that you can borrow my short or jeans but-"

"I really have a short temper right now because of this fucking period and I don't want to argue and say bad things to you so just.." she didn't even continue her word and just put her finger up to basically gesture for me to be quiet not trying to be rude towards me

"Can you still work?" I ask seeing her state “you know you can go home now right? You don't have to come here everyday since you're not an employee anyway. You're our business partner so you can just visit during some meeting or important events” I said as she lay down on my bed with her eyes closed

"Do you have some heat pack for hot compress?" She ask ignoring what I just said. I walk towards my side table and pull out the one I'm using during my period.

"I'll just go downstairs to put warm water" I said making her nod as she keep her eyes closed. I don't want to be rude and kick her out of the house during her period cramps but I also somehow need to get back to work.

I enter the kitchen and grab a warm water for the heat pack. I also grab a couple of dark chocolate inside my fridge since it does help. I walk back upstairs when I got everything. I open up the door and thought that Jennie just has her eyes closed but when I saw her calm and even breathing I immediately know that she fell asleep. I put the heat pack on her lower abdomen and the sweets on the bed side table. I pull the covers up to tuck her in since she might get cold later on. I sit on the couch not far from the bed and pull out my phone as I tried calling Jisoo and Rosie again but they're both not answering. I look up to Jennie once more and she seems to be in a deep sleep so I just texted Rosie to go here later to pick Jennie up.

I walk downstairs and saw Seulgi standing there

"What are you doing here?" I ask

"I heard Ms Bae and your secretary's conversation and she's heading up here and I saw you with Jennie earlier " she said smiling

"And?"

“and I'm here to keep Ms Bae out of your penthouse ”

“why's that? ”

“why not? ”

“you like Irene that much to keep her away huh?” I said chuckling

“i don't even know why you and Jennie broke up... and Jisoo told me that we're in this together”

“in what?” I ask

“helping you guys to get back together”

“Ya! Kang Seulgi.. who said I want to go back in a relationship?”

“me, I just said it didn't i” I immediately hit her arm for being sarcastic making her chuckle “no seriously.. you will be dating Irene by now if you really like her”

“and if i don't like Irene doesn't mean I want to be back with Jennie ”

“if you don't want to get back together then why can't you stop her yet? You can easily tell her that there's no chance to get back together, that you don't like her anymore but... you're here bringing her up to your penthouse and taking care of her”

“because she's still a friend of mine Seulgi ”

“then tell me she's just a friend and nothing more”

"She's just my friend Seulgi " I said looking at the floor

“make sure you believed your words first before telling me that” she said patting my shoulder “if you broke up and all that already you can't really keep yourself from still liking her despite everything that happened in your relationship. If you like her then don't stop yourself cause you'll just keep falling back over and over again. You can never unlike someone if you'll keep them around you most of the time ”