chap. 9

How to explain what this guilt feels like? It's extremely complex. On one hand, they feel lost as if perhaps if they hadn't had consumed any alcohol that night, Taehyung would still be alive. On the other hand, they knew they shouldn't feel the guilt. What did they do? They can't even remember their own night together.

They lost their way from happiness and their goals to become professionals. They were focused on figuring out what happened. More on what led to them finding Taehyung's dead body than to them laying in the same bed. They hoped that with a bit of help, this goal would be in reach for them as it seemed to be extremely far to reach at the moment.

"I love you," Jimin whispered, "You have your flaws but I love you." He never said these words. He refused to say these words but the recent events in his life compelled him to act as if this was a goodbye.

In some ways, it was goodbye. It was goodbye to freedom, peace of mind, and a goodbye to his best friend.

"Are you okay Jimin?" Jin asked as he cared for the boy's blistering feet, "Do you need to tell me something?" The older knew his brother well. He never said those three words, the only three words Jin ever heard from Jimin were, "I hate you," or his personal favorite, "Go fuck yourself."

The younger looked at his feet, he observed the way the other's hands would carefully care for them. He looked back up at his brother and smiled, "It's nothing, I just thought I should say that more for a change."

The older didn't question the other any further, instead he nodded and smiled softly, "I love you too dumbass."

-

Yoongi was a tired mess to say the least. Jimin had gone to his brother's room and he had gone to the guest room. Namjoon followed him to the room and offered to help the man with his dirty clothes.

"Thanks for the help!" Yoongi shouted as the other had taken his soiled clothes to wash.

He was alone now. Alone with his thoughts and emotions. It was a bit scary to face everything he was feeling. His soul missed his brother. It missed to hear his voice singing songs loudly in the bathroom.

He wished he had realized what he had before it had been taken from him the way it was. The only thing Yoongi could do was stare at his feet and wonder how he even got here.

His corrupted body, no longer wanted to continue this fight. In fact, he wanted to stop fighting. He wanted to meet his brother again. His heart ached and yearned to hear Tae again.

He sat on the foot of the bed. His hands on his head as he felt his tears begin to come out again. If it was any other time, where his brother wasn't dead and he wasn't the one who might be arrested for it then this would be a nice getaway from the world with the one he has longed to know more since the day he laid eyes on him.

But this is not that. This is a tragedy. A nightmare that he wishes he would wake up from but instead his body is awake and refuses to sleep as it hits the pillow.

Yoongi hears the doorknob rattle before being opened by Jimin.

"Sorry to barge in, I just I needed to make sure you were okay." Jimin said softly as he approached the older with caution.

The other grabbed the younger's hand pulling him to sit next to him on the bed, "It's okay to talk to me or check on me, it's not a crime Minnie."

The younger didn't look up to face the older. Instead he looked at his feet, "I know, we've been together for a while now. I also know this hasn't been easy for you." He grabbed the older's hand, "You're not alone though."

Yoongi looked over at the other. He grabbed his chin to force him to face the older, "We will prove our innocence Minnie, I promise." He said with a reassuring smile.

The other could do nothing but look at the older's face. His eye bags were undeniably big. The way his pale skin had turned a bit red from the sun. He was a beautiful human, even in the worst circumstances.

The older felt himself getting closer to the younger. Continuing to make eye contact, he felt the other getting closer as well. The two vulnerable boys were having a moment.

In said moment, their hearts were beating with such a fast pace. Yes, they had been through hell and back in the past weeks but that didn't change whatever they felt for each other. In fact, it made it stronger. It made it more known as neither one of them abandoned the other in their moments of need.

As their lips began to touch, Yoongi placed his hand on the younger's cheek as Jimin placed his on the nape of the older's neck. They were kissing for who knows how long.

If Taehyung was seeing them from whatever heaven he was in, he would be cheering them on. Making a sarcastic comment or two about how it had taken them decades to finally kiss.

As they continued to kiss, the phone rang. Jin's voice was heard down the hall, "Jimin, it's for you!!!" He announced.

Jimin sighed as he stopped kissing the older, dragging his body to the phone, he answered, "Hello?"

"This is a warning to stop digging into your friend's death. We're watching you. Just give yourself to the police and cooperate to avoid any further problem with us. You don't know what you're getting yourself into."

Jimin felt his heart drop, "Who are you?" He managed to say in his state of shock.

"None of your concern. Just do as we say unless you want to end up like poor Taehyung."

Like that, the line went dead.