Colin Reed

(AN: This story is set at the 10-year reunion at Westview high. Percy and Annabeth's careers and kids and stuff are my headcanon and probably quite different to normal. Also, I keep forgetting to do this: I am not Rick Riordan and do not own his characters)

Walking into the doors of my old high school was so weird. I had so many dreams for the future, so many plots and plans for how my life was going to plan out. But here I am, 10 years later, unmarried, childless, and working at a pizza place. It all looked relatively the same, with the bikeshed that the bad kids used to smoke behind, the tree that the nerds used to sit under, reading books, the bench I used to sit at during lunch...

I was jolted back out of my memories when a kid ran straight into me. Who in their right mind decided it was a bring-your-kids-along reunion? This kid looked particularly annoying, she had long, curly black hair and grey eyes, and her smile was lopsided. She reminded me of someone. I pushed the thought out of my head as the girl ran off, back to the gym.

The gym. That was where I was supposed to be. I walked in and surveyed the familiar faces, my eye caught on one person in particular. Percy Jackson. He looked mostly the same now as he did at 18. His black hair was unruly as always, and his troublemaker's grin was plastered across his face. I noticed he was alone, of course he was. I knew he was a player back in high school, and he clearly didn't have a wife. He probably didn't even have a job. I walked up to him, about to ask him about his life, and to gloat about my fancy imaginary job, when she walked in. 

Annabeth Chase, my high school crush. She and Percy used to date, but they had clearly broken up after our final year. she was radiant as always, with her beautiful blond curls cut to shoulder length, and her long, tanned legs showing under the red dress she was wearing. This was my chance to ask her out, to get my life properly back on track. She started walking towards me, and I was mentally preparing myself to ask her out.

"Have you seen Sophie and Charlie?" She asked, seemingly talking to me. I was confused, there was no Sophie at our school, and the only Charlie didn't come to the reunion. I was about to say something when Percy piped up behind me.

"Weren't they with you?"

 "They were, but some idiot decided that now was the right time to ask me out, and they ran off when I turned my back."

I guess I wasn't the only one still hung up on her.

Weirdly, they started to panic. I was still confused about who Charlie and Sophie were, they were clearly related to Percy and Annabeth in some way. It was while I was wondering that they appeared, the girl that ran into me earlier and a little blonde-haired boy. It hit me all at once. Annabeth had kids! She was married! My heart sank, I'd never get her now.  

The little kids ran to Percy and bowled him over, laughing. Annabeth smiled fondly at them.

"Hey, Annabeth right? I remember you." I started, she cut me off. 

"Yeah, I remember, you were that one dude who thought he was better than everyone else." 

I was taken aback, she was the one who was with the worst kid in the school, the kid who skipped class and had a criminal record. I decided to bring up my *fake* job.

"So what are you doing with your life? I'm the owner of the best architecture firm in New York." I said. 

She smirked, "And which one might that be?" 

I had to think, what was the most popular one? if I wanted to make this believable I had to chose one that existed. 

"Erm... Olympus Architecture, yeah. I named it because I love the designs of... Roman? Yeah, Roman buildings."  

She started laughing, and I looked at her offended. She had no right to laugh at my admittedly fake job, I mean, I bet she's a stay at home housewife. She finally spoke up. 

"You, owning Olympus Architecture?" She said.

"What's so funny about that?" I retorted. 

"It's funny because I own that business, I started it the year after I got married." 

I should have been grumpy, but I stared at her surprised. 

"That business was founded 7 years ago, and if that was a year after you married Percy... you married him at the age of 21!" 

I was in shock, who gets married that early? Was it because of the baby? Did their parents approve?

All things I never found out, because at that exact moment all of the water glasses in the hall exploded, along with some of the pipes in the wall. After the incident, we were all told that there was a problem with the plumbing, but I wasn't so sure. I had had enough surprises for the day though, and I could not wait to get home. I spent the rest of the week lying on the couch, remembering Percy, Annabeth and their kids, and feeling miserable about my life.

(AN: My longest story yet, almost 1000 words! If there are any problems with past/present tense I'm sorry, I wrote this while in a maths zoom call. At some point tomorrow I'm going to post a character sheet to fill out if you want to design an OC. Thank you guys so much for 100 reads, I honestly can't believe people actually read my story. Thanks, Iris 🌈)