Chapter Six

"You know I love you right Nat, more than anything in this world"

Jake asked seriously, I sat up from where I was lying on his chest and stared down at him

"Of course I do and I love you too. You okay?"

His expression softened and he pulled me back down into his arms kissing me softly on the head

"I'm good, I just don't tell you enough how much you mean to me and I know I've been pretty slack lately with Bella here all the time but I promise you will always be my main priority and I'm going to start focusing on us again, me and you"

I rested my chin in his chest as we laid sprawled in his bed, I couldn't help but smile at him.

"Also there's uh something I wanted to ask you"

Of course there was a catch, I sat up on the edge of the bed waiting for him to continue.

"The Cullens are having a graduation party and they invited us to go, practically the whole of forks highs senior class will be there. I was just wondering if you wanted to"

He stammered nervously, almost instantly an uneasy feeling filled my stomach but I brushed it off and nodded

"I'll go, as long as you don't let me out of your sight. Just because the house will be full of humans doesn't mean I trust the leeches"

He chuckled and pulled me down on top of him, kissing me hard in the lips

"I would never let you out of my sight babe, I promise"

***

"I'm so not comfortable with this"

I whined as Jacob tugged me towards the trees, we were heading to the Cullens and for some unknown reason the guys thought it would be better if they travelled as wolves, it was faster that way or so they said.

"You seriously want me to ride you?"

I questioned and instantly regretted my choice of words when Quil and Embry began to cackle like hyenas.

"Oh I bet he does"

Quil was just quick enough to duck when Jacob turned and took a swing at him, unfortunately Embry caught Jakes fist in his jaw. That only made Quil laugh even more

"Shut up you two, you know what I mean. Besides I'm wearing a dress, not exactly wolf riding attire"

Jake pulled his shirt over his head and pecked me on the lips

"Babe trust me you'll be perfectly fine. All you have to do is hold on tight"

Before I could protest he jogged behind a tree to strip and phase and when he came back he dropped to the ground in front of me waiting for me to get on his back.

"Well here goes nothing"

I pulled my hair up into a tight messy bun and gathered my knee length dress up around my thighs before climbing onto Jakes back, his fur was thick and warm and tickled my legs. He stood up quickly making me yelp in surprise.

"Just hold on tight Nat, right here"

Leah appeared behind me guiding my hands to the fur on either side of Jakes large thick neck whilst slipping his clothes securely beneath me

"You won't hurt him. Keep your head down close to his and he should block most of the wind, loosen up and trust him as he moves okay. You'll be fine"

Despite Leahs pep talk I was still nervous as hell. I did as she said and as soon as I was holding on tight we were off into the trees. The feeling of moving so fast through the trees was indescribable, an absolute thrill and despite how fast we were moving I felt absolutely safe.