Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Trake

I didn't understand why seeing her retreating back makes me flinch. My other half wants me to run to her and the other half doesn't want to.

This is not the first time that we saw each other after what happened. Nung una muntik na akong maglakad sa direksyon niya, I want to know if she's alright dahil sa aksidente. I owe Gino for saving her, nakakainis lang dahil palagi siyang nasa bahay ng Gomez na 'yon.

And I'm actually looking forward on how she will react when she sees me. I'm amuse and at the same time expectant? Sounds crazy.

My stepmother is looking longingly to her daughter's retreating back. I can see her willingness to run after her daughter but she didn't do it.

Naiinis ako sa ipinakikita niya saakin alam kong ginagawa niya ang lahat para maging ok siya saakin pero hindi ba niya nakikita na hindi naman kailangan?

She doesn't need to please me just to be with my father. Wala na rin naman akong magagawa. My father will never listen to me when it comes to this woman. I'm thankful that my mother is already in heaven because if she saw how my father love this woman? It will break her heart into pieces.

I decided to go, I already had enough with this event. If only not for Jessica and her mother which is a family friend, I will not go in this event no matter what.

But the stepmother of mine stop me in my attempt in leaving the event.

"Alam mong pupunta dito si Pristine."

It's not a question but a statement as if all along I already knew her daughter will come.

Hindi ako nagpadala sa inis na nararamdaman. Ayokong magkasagutan na naman kami at dito pa. Hindi ko alam kung anong pinalalabas niya. Oh, I forgot I did hurt her daughter.

"Don't accuse me. I'm innocent."

Pristine and her mom's resemblance is undeniable. Kung papaano ang itsura nito kapag kalmado pero ang totoo galit na. The only difference they have is that Pristine is much better than her mother.

She nodded but her attention is not on me but on something else, as if she's thinking other things and come to a realization.

"Mabuti naman kung ganoon. You know that she's my daughter right Trake?"

Nagtaas ako ng kilay, hindi nakukuha ang sinasabi niya. Did she think that I didn't know?

"I know that I have done something wrong to her and I want to fix it. Sana pakisamahan mo ng mabuti ang anak ko. You already knew each other and—"

I stopped her immediately from blabbering unnecessary things "can you just straightforwardly say what you to say?"

Ang akala siguro ng ibang nakakakita saamin na we are just talking to each other, a mother and son talk. Half of the attendees in this event knew that she's my stepmother.

But they don't know how I despise this woman in front of me. Not only she reminds me of someone dear to me but how she's keep on pestering my life just so that people will see that she is a good stepmother and we are ok with each other.

"That you and Pristine are not allowed to have an intimate relationship! Akala mo ba ay hindi ko alam ang nangyayari? Hindi mo na sana idinamay pa ang anak ko dito! Ako may kasalanan sayo, saakin ka galit! She's your sister and what you have with her is taboo."

Kapag nakikipaglaban kami ng gang halos lahat ng nakakalaban namin ginagawa ang lahat para ma bwisit ako.

Sometimes they play dirty tricks just to pissed me off and sad to say, I always forgot my real self when I'm very very pissed off.

I swear I saw black because of what she just said. I have the urge to punch someone. But I land my fist full of anger in the painting. Yung painting na nasa gilid ko. I don't care how expensive this is because I can pay for it!

Nanlalaki ang mga mata niya sa ginawa ko pero kalaunan ay bumalik na rin sa dati. Hindi niya inaasahan ang ginawa ko, she should be because taunting me will never do good to anyone and she's not an exemption.

The people inside the venue felt silent, lahat ng atensyon ay napunta saamin. I'm still angry.

"Hindi.kami.magkapatid. Wala akong kapatid Priscilla!"

She seems unaffected to my rage. Her expression, unfazed. Someone grab my arm pero binawi ko iyon.
F*ck. F*ck. F*ck!

Wala na akong masabi because it's true. That she's my fucking step sister, the reason why I can't be with her as much as I want to.

Galit na galit ako. Gusto kong manakit o di kaya ay makipag-away at magtawag ng gulo. Anong karapatan niya na ipagduldulan sa mukha ko ang bagay na 'yon!

I don't want to have a sister!

Pristine will never be my sister, kapag ipinagpilitan niya saakin ang bagay na 'yon...

I'm in the garden, and I can see Pristine sitting in a corner. I know that she's sad. As much as I want to comfort her I no longer want to make her sad even more.

I want to go home already and that's what I'm going to do. Kaya lang may nakaagaw ng atensyon ko, someone is standing from a far. Nakatingin ito kay Pristine kaya naalarma ako. I think the person saw me move in his direction kaya mabilis itong nakaalis. Nung pumunta ako sa kinatatayuan niya ay wala na ito doon.

I will not take this lightly. I need to investigate this because someone lurking in the dark, secretly watching is always a bad news.

I dial Lay's number but someone's calling me already.

"Hello."

"Trake! Where the hell are you? And what's with the scene you just did there?"

It's Jessica. I sigh, pagod ng makipagtalo so I told her everything. To what Priscilla said and how this angers me. She didn't say anything.

"Wow. That's mind blowing. I forgot that her mom is your stepmother so it will only make her your step sister. Anong plano mo Trake?"

Plano. I have plenty in mind and whoever hear it will only forbid be in doing so.

"You know me Jess, I have a lot in mind and I swear you don't want to hear any of it. But for now I don't want to do something. You don't mind if I'll go home first? Can you please say sorry to your mom, pakisabi na rin na bibilhin ko ang painting na nasira."

"Sure."

The call ended just that.