•𝑺𝑬𝑪𝑶𝑵𝑫 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 14

They entered the girls bathroom, fully as themselves and sighed in relief as they got their breath back. Ron stated.

"That was close."

Charlotte nodded in agreement and stood up properly as Harry then mumbled.

"Hermione, come out. We've got loads to tell you."

Hermione let out a cry and replied.

"Go away!"

The three of them exchange concerned, yet worried looks and Myrtle came hovering beside them speaking eagerly.

"Ooh, wait till you see. It's awful."

Charlotte batted her hand at her and Myrtle looked at her, offended. But Lottie opened the cubicle door slowly and Hermione asked.

"Do you remember me telling you the Polyjuice Potion was only for human transformations?

She turned around slowly and Charlotte's eyes widened when Hermione's face was like a cat and her eyes were yellow.

She announced.

"It was cat hair that I plucked off Millicent Bulstrode's robes! Look at my face!"

Charlotte held in a laugh and Ron stated through a laugh.

"Look at your tail."

The three took Hermione to the hospital wing, and had changed back into their normal uniform. Madam Pomfrey didn't question as to why Hermione was part cat, she just sent them to bed.

It's been a couple of days and they didn't have lessons as it's a Saturday, however, Charlotte had to go to the classes and pick up any homework for Hermione, the boys went with her.

They arrived at the hospital wing and walked to Hermione's bed, Charlotte placed the books and homework on the bedside table and Ron started off.

"Madam Pince asked that we relay a message to you, Hermione. She said that she'd appreciate it if you'd leave a few books for the rest of the school."

Hermione shrugged and replied.

"I've got to keep up, haven't I?"

Charlotte chuckled as Hermione's cat ears twitched, she asked.

"Is that thing ever going to go away?"

Hermione nodded and responded.

"Any day now, according to Madam Pomfrey, I'm just thankful I've stopped coughing up fur balls."

Lottie's nose scrunched up and Ron scoffed and stated.

"We all are, believe me."

She clapped her hands together and asked as her ears kept twitching.

"Now, what about the Chamber of Secrets? Any leads?"

They shook their heads and she sighed and looked at Harry.

"And has it got any better? I mean.. has anyone other than others talked to you?"

Harry shrugged and replied.

"Neville asked to borrow a tubeworm in Potions yesterday, I suppose that's something."

Ron yanked a card from under Hermione's pillow and read it out loud.

"To Miss Granger, wishing you a speedy recovery, from your concerned teacher, Gilderoy Lockhart."

He looked up from the card and looked at Hermione like she was crazy. He exclaimed.

"You sleep with this under your pillow?"

Hermione blushed and replied sheepishly.

"Of course not, I don't know how that got there. Now go, I still have six hundred pages to read in Transformation Through the Ages."

Charlotte held her hands up in surrender and backed away, the boys and her left the wing and were walking up a staircase. Ron asked.

"I know Hermione's mental, but can you believe she falls for that smarmy nonsense of Lockhart's?"

Charlotte shook her head and replied as she linked her arm with Ron's.

"Personally, I think that Lockhart is a bunch of BS, if I'm honest. He's so cocky and irritable."

Harry and Ron agreed and Harry was going to speak when they all stepped in water, they looked down and followed the puddle. Harry stated.

"Looks like Myrtle's flooded the bathroom."

Charlotte mumbled as they entered the bathroom.

"It's not the first time."

Ron chuckled and they observed the mess that was in front of them. Charlotte cringed as her socks got soaked and her shoes kept squeaking. Ron let out a "yuck" as he shook his trousers. They then jumped as Moaning Myrtle suddenly came into view and screeched.

"Come to throw something else at me?"

Harry furrowed his eyebrows and asked.

"Why would I throw something at you?"

Myrtle frowned and flew around them as she answered.

"Don't ask me. Here I am, minding my own business and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me!"

She sulked and Ron scoffed.

"But it can't hurt if someone throws something at you. I mean, it'd just go right through you, wouldn't it?"

Myrtle crossed her arms and shouted at Ron.

"Oh sure! Let's all throw books at Myrtle because she can't feel it! Ten points if you can get it through her stomach, fifty points if it goes through her head!"

She huffed and Lottie asked.

"Who threw it at you?"

She sighed and replied.

"I don't know, I didn't see them. I was just sitting in the U-bend thinking about death and it fell through the top of my head!"

Charlotte spotted a black diary on the floor, so she reached out to grab it, but she was stopped by Harry who used his arm to stop her from moving. He exclaimed.

"Don't! It could be dangerous."

Charlotte scoffed and replied.

"Ha! Pu-lease."

She moved Harry's arm and picked it up, wiping off the water. She observed the diary and went to open it when Ron snatched it out of her hands and exclaimed.

"Are you mad?! That could be cursed. Dad once told me about a book the Ministry confiscated that burned the eyes out of anyone who tried to read it."

Charlotte rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, Ron passed it to Harry and Harry stated.

"I'll take my chances."

He opened the book and suddenly covered his eyes and screamed out.

"AHHH! MY EYES! MY EYES!"

Charlotte's heart dropped and her eyes widened as she spotted Ginny at the door looking terrified, the others looked to Ginny and Harry muttered.

"Ginny, I was only joking-"

She ran off and Harry sighed and continued.

"Brilliant, even your sister thinks I'm a monster."

Ron replied.

"Who doesn't?"

Charlotte gave Ron a look and he ignored her and instead flicked through the pages to see they were blank. Harry and Charlotte shrugged and they left the bathroom to change their shoes, socks and trousers.