v. ( 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐧 )

. . ‧₊˚ PROMISE!

LUCAS AND DUSTIN stare at the girls sitting on mike's bed in disbelief. "are you out of your mind?" lucas asks mike. "just listen to me." mike pleaded. "you are out of your mind!" lucas told the boy. "they know about will." mike blurted. dustin's eyes widen. "what do you mean they know about will?"

he goes over to where his trophies and pictures were and takes the one amelia pointed to earlier. "she pointed at him, at his picture. she knew he was missing. i could tell."

"you could tell?" lucas asks, not buying it. "just think about it. do by you really think it was a coincidence that we found them on mirkwood, the same place where will disappeared?" dustin looks over to lucas. "that is weird." he admits. mike went on, "they said bad people were after them. i think maybe these bad people are the same ones that took will. i think they know what happened to them."

"then how come they don't tell us?" lucas walks over to olivia. she was the nearest one, so he asked her first. "do you know where he is?" he asks harshly. when olivia didn't say anything, he placed his hands on her shoulder and asked again in a louder voice, "do you know where will is?"

"stop it, you're scaring her!" amelia pushed lucas off of olivia. "she should be scared!" he yelled at amelia. "if any of you know where he is, tell us!" he says to them. amelia looked over to olivia. liv raised her eyebrows. amelia shook her head, deciding against what she was suggesting.

lucas turns back around to his friends. "this is nuts. we have to take them to your mom." lucas tells him. mike immediately goes against his idea. "no! olivia said telling any adult would put us in danger." mike explained. "what kind of danger?" dustin asks in a worried voice. "her name is olivia?"

"liv for short. then there's lia and el." mike only answered lucas' question. dustin asks again, "mike, what kind of danger?" with more force. "danger danger." mike answered, doing the same thing el did with the finger gun. he put it up to dustin first and when he went to do lucas, he slaps it out of his face. "no, no, no!" he shouts. "we're going back to plan a. we're telling your mom."

lucas pushes past his friends and goes to open the door. the door quickly shuts and a minor electric bolt goes through his body, causing him to jump. the entire room shook. amelia and eleven both look at each other with wide eyes, then back to lucas. he tries to open it again and the same thing happens, shaking the room for the second time. the door locks on its own.

the boys slowly turn around to face the three girls. they were met with two bloody noses and one intimidating stare.

"no."

THE GIRLS WERE back in the basement, sitting on the floor. lia was playing with the supercomm again, trying to channel it. "guys?" mike asks, grabbing the girls attention. they all look up at him.

"no adults. just us and some meatloaf." he set down a tray with three pieces of meatloaf in front of them. mike noticed liv staring at the two boys behind him. "don't worry. they won't tell anyone about you guys. they promise. right?" mike looks back at them.

dustin was the first to speak. "we never would've upset you guys if we knew you had superpowers." mike quickly hit him in his leg, causing dustin to let out an 'ow.' "what dustin was trying to say is that they were just scared... earlier. that's all." he explained.

"we just wanted to find our friend." lucas said. "friend?" el asks. "yeah, friend. will?" el was still confused. "what is friend?" eleven asks. amelia sighs. she had almost forgotten that she wasn't very good with words yet.

"is she serious?" lucas turns to dustin. dustin shrugs. "um, a friend—" mike interrupts him. "is someone that you'd do anything for." he explained. "you lend them your cool stuff, like comic books and trading cards." dustin chimes in. "and they never break a promise." mike continued.

"especially when there's spit." lucas says. amelia's wore a disgusted look on her face. "spit?" she asks. "it's called a spit swear and it means you never break your word." lucas spit on his hand and gives dustin a handshake. "it's a bond." he tells them. dustin looked down at his hand, disgusted. "that's super important, because friends... they tell each other things." mike says.

"things that parents don't know."

OLIVIA WALKS OVER to their game board, sitting at the table. eleven and amelia sit on the other sides of it. "what's the weirdo doing?" lucas asks in a hushed voice. eleven closes her eyes for a moment and opens them. the party surrounded them and the table, closely watching what they do.

el points to the wizard game piece. olivia picks it up and holds it up to her face. "will." she says. "superpowers." dustin whispers. mike leans in. "did any of you see him? on mirkwood? do you guys know where he is?" he asks them. liv looked up at him then looked back down. she cleared the board, wiping off all of the game pieces except for the wizard and another one. she flips the game board upside down, placing the wizard in the middle of the board.

"i don't understand." mike says. olivia hesitates. "hiding." she says. "will is hiding? from the bad men?" he asks. amelia shakes her head no. "then from who?" he asked her. liv picks up the other game piece, placing it onto the board next to will.

the demogorgon.

🍒, maybankz—
this was fairly easy to write. it feels good to update daily again☺️

WRITTEN. may 3, 2020
EDITED. june 5, 2020