Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Ben followed me outside

‘Why are you so embarrassed to be seen with me? What’s so wrong, we’re just friends’

Just friends!?

‘Ben, we aren’t just friends... YOU KISSED ME LAST NIGHT!’ the chatter in the living room fell silent. Did they all hear me? How loud was I?

‘You kissed me back’ Ben whispered. Idiot.

‘Did they hear me? Oh my God, no way! They… They shouldn’t of heard me!’ Shit Shit Shit!

‘Shall we talk some where more…private?’ I nodded and we walked out of the kitchen and into the hallway ‘They’ll hear us out here, shall we go on a walk or something?’ What if turns into more than just a walk, I could take Emma with me, and then it will stay formal.

‘Emma will come, too’ Ben sighed. He obviously wanted more than a walk…

‘Sure, whatever, you’re going in there to get her though!’ damn! I didn’t think of that! ‘Looks like it’s just going to be us two, then.’ A wide smile spread across his face.

I grabbed my coat and a red scarf and I already had my Uggs on.

There were plenty of fields surrounding my house, hence I live in Somerset.

We silently walked into the first field. Ben stopped.

‘What’s going to happen between us, then? You seem like an organised person!’

Do I? ‘I don’t know, Ben! All I know, that its gunna be awkward when we arrive back’ He shrugged his shoulders. Did he not care about his dignity? Egh, boys! ‘And, about us…’

‘I don’t mind if you don’t want to be with me’

‘It’s not that…’ how do I tell him, I’m not all cut out as I said I was? ‘I’m just not feeling myself at the moment’ he laughed. What now?

‘You were much more confident in Italy’

‘Err…’ I trailed off ‘About Italy’ should I tell him about how I’m NOT as amazing as I said I was?

‘What about it?’

‘I kind of bigged myself up a bit…’ he cocked his head sideways ‘I’m not what I said I am! I mean, yeah, I can run quite fast, and I do solo’s in my local church choir, but I’m not grade 8 or what ever, and as if I got entered into the Olympics! I just wanted to seem more interesting to you! I thought I wouldn’t speak to you after the summer, so I thought lying to you, would be fine?’ his draw dropped open.

There was a big silence, and he turned away from me, like he was thinking to himself. After a while, he turned back around.

‘You’re still the same Nieve to me’ out of all the horrible, nasty things he could of said, he went for the sweetest thing, ever!

‘Aw, Ben!’ my heart melted, I looked into his eyes, a dark brown shade. Intense.

I felt a drop of coldness hit my shoulder. Rain.

And in a nano-second it was pouring it down. Ben just laughed

‘There’s a big tree over there, lets go get under the branches, it’ll keep us dry for now’

And we both raced over, and sat down on the dry grass. It was freezing cold, I kind of wanted that moment when he tears of his jacket and puts it round my shoulders, instead he pulled me in for a hug. Man, he does good hugs. His warmth was over whelming, he smelt good, like yesterday, not like cheap, crap Lynx, nice stuff, I’m not overly sure what, though.