Chapter 28

Chapter 28- The Battle Was Lost

You three hid behind bushes and trees as you watch Dark Shadow thrashing around

"How did this happen?" Izuku asked.
"After Mandalay announces villains were attacking, we were on high alert. Unfortunately a villain ambushed us, but we managed to hide even after my arm was cut," Shoji showed you a bleeding part of his arms.

"Tokoyami apparently couldn't stand that his friend was hurt, and Dark Shadow took over him," You looked worried as Tokoyami yelled.
"LEAVE ME!! GO FIND THE OTHERS!!" Your ears drooped as Shoji continued to talk.
"We need to get some light to weaken Dark Shadow, at least lead him to at least Todoroki, but how?" You and Izuku looked at each other and immediately thought of a plan.

"Shoji, we have a plan. It may be a long shot, but we can lure Tokoyami and Dark Shadow with your tentacle arms," He said.
"I'll lead the way. He'll follow me if I make enough noise," you also said stretching your wings out.
"Ok," Shoji nodded and you ran to face Dark Shadow.

"Dark Shadow! Tokoyami! It's me (Y/N)!" You shouted. They turn and roared out.
"(YYYYYY/NNNNN)!! STAY WITH ME PLEASE!!" He reached out, but you quickly ran, Shoji and Izuku right behind you.
"Come on Tokoyami! Let Dark Shadow control for a moment trust me!" You said turning your head.
"DONT LEAVE!! YOURE MY NIGHTLIGHT!!" Dark Shadow roared. You shut your eyes trying to wipe your tears.

"Ice!! Todoroki's nearby!" Izuku yelled. You saw more clearly that it was, and Bakugou and another kid too.
"Kacchan!! Shoto!! We need light!!" You shouted at them. They had fought a villain nearby and attacked Dark Shadow, but he quickly defeated him.
"NOT ENOUGH, NOT ENOUGH!! (YYY/NNN)!!" As he was about to grab you, Bakugou and Todoroki made light with their quirks, immediately bringing back Tokoyami.

"Tokoyami, I'm glad you're okay," you hugged him tightly, he was trembling.
"I'm sorry, I couldn't control Dark Shadow" he mumbled.
"You controlled him well, now we have to make it back with (Y/N) and Kacchan," Izuku said. They started to explain their plan of protecting you and Bakugou, while you two just stood there confused of what they're saying.

"I don't need protection dammit!! I can handle things myself!!" He shouted.
"I think I can too, but it's better safe than sorry Kacchan," you said as the group started walking. He kept shouting until you guys see Uraraka and Asui with another villain running off.
"Who the heck was that?" You asked as you guys ran to catch with them.

"A villain, a very crazy one, ribbit," Asui said.
"Aren't all of them we met crazy?" You mumbled.
"We need to protect Kacchan and (Y/N) until we make it back to camp, where Aizawa and Vlad are," Izuku said.
"If you're protecting Bakugou, where is he?" Asui asked worriedly.

Your eyes widen as you turn to see both Bakugou and Tokoyami gone.
"Fascinating isn't it?" You guys looked up to see someone with a mask on a tree.
"My quirk caught them with your notice, though I don't have (L/N). But don't worry, we'll show those two the other futures we can give," The villain explained quickly jumping away.