Chapter 48

Lauren groaned as she came awake the next morning, her hands automatically flying to cover her eyes from the bright morning sun. Her head was pounding with what had to be the most painful headache ever known by man and she licked her lips compulsively, trying to dispel the rancid cotton-mouth taste that had developed while she'd slept. The bed shifted beside her and she moaned piteously. "Turn the sun off, Camila."

"Can't do that, sport," Camila murmured, chuckling as she reached out to brush Lauren's hair off her face. "How you feeling?"

Lauren groaned again and rolled over, burying her head in the pillow to try and block out the harsh morning sunlight. "Like ass."

"I'll bet," Camila said. She reached out and began rubbing Lauren's back, and smiled as she felt the woman relax under her touch. "You were hammered, baby."

Lauren nodded and then stopped abruptly, whimpering in pain. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Camila soothed, still stroking her fingers lightly up and down Lauren's spine. "Normani will be coming by in about an hour to take you for hash browns and stuff."

"Thank god," Lauren groaned. With the way she was feeling, it was probably going to take an extra hash brown and one of those super-jumbo-sized Diet Cokes to make her feel better. "Any chance she'd just bring it to me?"

Camila laughed quietly and leaned in to press a soft kiss to the back of Lauren's shoulder. "I don't think so, baby. I think she wants some time alone with her best friend before her wedding."

Lauren shivered at the feeling of Camila's lips against her skin and moaned softly as she felt the tip of the brunette's tongue draw a light circle on her shoulder. "Mmm, do that again," she hummed, turning her head so that her face wasn't pressed into the pillow.

Even though she was certain that this wasn't going to go anywhere, Camila obliged Lauren's request and leaned in to press another kiss to her back, and then another one, and another, as she shifted so that she pushed herself up so that she could lean further to capture Lauren's lips in a sweet, chaste kiss. "You'll get more of those once you brush your teeth," she informed her as she pulled away.

"I wish I felt good enough to do that," Lauren replied, grimacing as her head pulsed viciously. "Seriously, how much did I drink?"

"Way. Too. Much," Camila replied, smoothing her hand across Lauren's brow before tucking an errant strand of hair behind her ear. "Do you remember anything that happened?"

Lauren closed her eyes, her brow furrowing as she tried to remember what had happened the night before. Thinking hurt, but there was something in Camila's tone that told her she had done or said something stupid and she knew that she needed to know what that was so that she could try and fix it. The memories started out fuzzy but quickly sharpened into focus the more she concentrated on trying to remember. She remembered singing with Normani and the way Camila had kissed her after they'd finished. She remembered dancing with the brunette and drinking some more. She had a vague memory of trying to hump Camila on the dance floor, the way she kept trying to grab the brunette's boobs, whispering crude propositions in her ear, yelling... "Did I really yell to Normani that I was going to get some when we were leaving?"

"Mmm." Camila nodded. "And don't forget shouting that you wanted me to fuck you."

At the mention of that particular moment, Lauren blushed. "I thought I whispered that."

"Definitely wasn't a whisper," Camila informed her with a smile.

Lauren licked her lips and sighed. "Oh. Sorry?"

Camila rolled her eyes. "Sweetie, it was fine. I actually enjoyed seeing you let loose like that. However, for as amusing as you were, I think we need to save Tequila Lauren for non-public locations. And, I do want that lap dance you offered me last night, by the way."