Chapter 1

~Masky's POV~

I run upstairs, my face paler than usual. I throw off my mask as I start hyperventilating. I start coughing, hard and violently. I feel as if there is massive weights on my chest, pressing down harder and harder each time I cough. My hand flies to my mouth as I taste that distinct metallic taste. I pull my hands away, shaking, a red liquid coats a small area of my hand. Another cough sends the blood onto the floor and wall. Tears fill my eyes, spilling down my cheeks. I try to move towards the bottle of pills lying across the room where I had thrown them in a fit of anger only minutes before. I feel numb, the edges of my vision blurring. I attempt to crawl over to the pills, another cough knocks me over, sending the floor rushing to meet me. I hit my head on the hardwood floor, I lie there groaning. I try to hold in the urge to cough, knowing if I don't it will knock me out. I lie there shivering, the urge to cough getting stronger. I feel the blood drip down from my mouth as I start coughing again. I feel my consciousness slipping away. One last violent cough sends me into a peaceful unconsciousness.

~Hoodie's POV~

"Masky? Hey Mask where are you? come on dude we need to get work done." I call out, Boss needs us to do some field work outside. I climb up the stairs walking to his room. I slowly push open the door. "Masky? you okay?" I say cautiously walking over to him. I notice the blood, and his tears stained cheeks. An episode. I carefully pick him up setting him on his bed. He's probably going to get sick after he wakes up. I grab a bucket for him. poor guy, this has been happening lately, more than usual to be exact. Something's bothering him. I grab a cool cloth setting it on his forehead. I can't help but feeling guilty, I wasn't there for him when he needed me. I know I'm the only one who can convince him to calm down. I quietly stand up walking out of the room, shutting the door slowly. I quickly jump down the stairs to inform Boss and Toby what happened with Masky. "Sir? Masky is unconscious, I don't think he's going to be joining us today. he looked pretty bad off..." I say informatively.
"Very well, he does know the consequences of skipping an assignment. Go and get your equipment, Toby will be waiting." SlenderMan said, Though he doesn't have a mouth, he can still talk. which is one of the things I still haven't figured out. I nod slightly walking out and upstairs to Masky's office. I hesitantly open the door knowing that he doesn't like people in his office. Everything is organized in piles on the shelves, binders and folders also line the shelves. I don't understand how he remembers where everything is, or how he keeps it so neat. It's insane, but enough about organization. I walk over to the closet on the other side of the room and I open it up, I quickly grab my pistol checking to see how many rounds I have left, as usual, it's fully loaded. Masky must have been busy. I grab a few more rounds putting them in my jeans pocket. I jump down the stairs, open the front door, and walk out to Toby. As he explains what our assignment is, he twitches the odd time. I nod not really listening to what he's saying. my thoughts wander to Masky, it's not the same without him here. He's my partner, he has been for as long as I can remember. I can't help but worry about him when he's not at my side. Its a force of habit. Toby and I set off Eastward to complete our task. The faster we get this done, the faster I can go home and take care of Mask.

***

The sun was just setting as we got home. I quickly set my pistol on the counter and walk upstairs to our room. I pull my hood down and take off my mask as I silently enter the room. Masky is the only one who has seen me without my mask, and I am the only one who has seen him without his mask. I look over at him, he's sitting up now, leaning back against the headboard of his bed, headphones in. I can see the redness of his cheeks against his pale face. His messy dark brown hair is sticking up, he's shaking a bit. He took off his shirt and jeans replacing them with some sweat pants.
"Masky? You feeling better?" I say tossing my mask onto my bed. He doesn't reply, probably because he has headphones in. I walk over carefully and gently feel his forehead. His eyes snap open, I look at him as he takes out one headphone.
"Hey Hoodz," he says his voice raspy and tired.
"Hey Mask, you feelin' okay? You don't look too hot right now. Did anything involving more blood happen?" I say feeling his cheek with the back of my hand. I can't help but feel worried, I don't know what I'd do without him.
"I'm alright, just a fever, and no, I just got sick when I woke up." He replies, pulling out the other headphone and turning off his music. I catch a glimpse at what he was listening to. Get Scared. I should've guessed.
"How long ago did you wake up? Also Boss isn't too happy with you skippin' out on the mission." I say pulling my hand away and sitting on the edge of his bed.
"About 10 minutes, and I know he isn't happy. I can't remember anything Hoodz. Did I hit my head or something?" He says pulling his knees to his chest. I feel bad for him, it scares him a lot when he can't remember what happened. I think it reminds him a lot of his childhood.
"Doesn't look like it, I think you had another one of the bad flashback episodes. Sorry I wasn't here to help you through it." I say with guilt in my voice, he depends on me to help him through these.
"Hoodz... Don't be hard on yourself. I'm okay. Really." he says his voice strained, by just him saying 'I'm okay' tells me that he really isn't. I've heard that so many times.

Especially from him.

~Masky's POV~

I hate lying to Hoodie like that. I've lied to him too much. Thats the thing though, if only he knew. if only he knew how hard it was... how hard it is... to tell him that I'm gay... and that he's my crush. Its been happening for months now, I don't know what to do. I'm scared of rejection. I'm scared of it all. I don't want to tell anyone, not even SlenderMan. When you live in a house full of psychopathic murderers and dead people, you can't really tell them your sexuality. Us Proxies may be immortal, but we still have all human emotions. Actually, scratch that, I'm the only one who really has emotions. I guess I'm just not ready to give up my humanity. Though, some days I wish I could just get it over and done with. My position right now, sucks. Big time. I can't tell Hoodie how I feel, he'll just think I'm weird and probably never want to talk to me again. So for now, I'm going to keep this to myself. But eventually, I will have to tell someone. Lets just stretch the time limits, and put off telling someone about it for as long as possible. I know it isn't healthy to keep it bottled inside, and I know it's taking a toll on my health. I've been having more episodes than usual. I've been more of my... eh... normal self. I've been slacking on my work. Everyone's noticed, I've been staying up later than usual. I get the daily comments of, 'woah Masky, you're eyes are blood shot and you've got dark circles under 'em' and 'Is Mr. Idomywork24/7forslenderman slacking off?'
Some days, I just want to stab everyone. I hadn't realized I was lost in thought until I lean over the bed aiming for the garbage can and I throw up. My body quivering, it hurts to breathe. Hoodie rubs in between my shoulders. I let out a strangled whimper as I heave again but nothing comes up. This is killing me, my body quivers as waves of hot and cold wash over my body. Talk about bipolar much.
"Hey Masky, you don't look so well... should I go get Boss for you?" Hoodie asks still rubbing between my shoulder blades. Tears fall from my eyes onto the bed sheets as I nod. I can't bear the sickness any longer. Hoodie stands up and walks out of the room. I have to tell someone. That someone will be SlenderMan.

~~~
A/N hope you enjoyed! this took me a while. So yeah! I'm starting on Chapter 2 also tonight and hopefully I will have it done by tomorrow afternoon sometime! Stay awesome. Also eat some of dat cheesecake, just cause it's the best eh? k bai.