chapter 4 - meet the agents

Y/n had to admit, Ghost was way better off than Shadow already. They had their own home base in the center of the island - and not to mention it was downright breathtaking. She looked around everywhere she could as Midas lead her to the front entrance, making sure she hadn't wandered off.

"You own this place?" she spoke softly, biting her lip as she finally looked at Midas again. She took notice of how perfect his hair looked even from the back - and how sexy his tattoos looked going all the way from his neck to his arms like that.

Midas nodded as he swiped a keycard and the doors swung open, "Yep. This is where all the Ghost agents live." He motioned for her to walk inside and she stayed very close to him, still wary of all the Henchmen walking around the place.

Though she thought nothing could top the exterior of the base, the interior made her stop in place. Midas chuckled as he watched her look around, speechless. "I've never seen anything like this..." she murmured, admiring every small detail, "this is beautiful."

"I'm very proud of it. Come on, Recruit. I already called the others to the board room."

Y/n nodded and followed him, staying close as she felt intimated under the many Henchmen watching her intently, making sure she wasn't trying to harm their boss.

Well, I am. But they can't know that.

Midas swiped his keycard again and the door opened, he twirled they golden card between his fingers and stuck it back in his pocket as he stepped aside, "After you."

"What a gentleman," Y/n smiled, unable to stop a faint blush from dusting her cheeks. She immediately felt even more intimidated when she saw everyone in the room. She bit her lip and froze, looking up at Midas like a lost puppy.

"Good afternoon, Agents. Thank you all for assembling so quickly," Midas walked to the end of the room and sat down at a taller, golden chair. He sat down and pressed his fingers against each other, leaning back.

"As you all know, one of our own was captured by Shadow early this morning. Thankfully, as you can tell, Skye is alright and well."

The Agents clapped and Skye waved, grinning at Y/n. "She was saved not by me, but by this lovely woman over there. I saw how well she worked under pressure and therefor asked her to join Ghost. So, she will be taking the next week to get to know us and get a feel for the Spy Agency. If she likes it, she will be our new official member." Midas smiled faintly at Y/n, "You can go ahead and sit down, Recruit."

Y/n nodded and sat down on the opposite end of the long table, smiling down at the table due to her shyness. "Uhm, hi everyone," she looked up and brushed some strands of hair away from her face. "I'm Y/n L/n. Midas was kind enough to let me stay here. You all seem really nice and I'm excited for work with you all."

The different Agents chorused a series of hello's and welcome's, making Y/n smile.

"Welcome, Recruit L/n. Agents, please introduce yourselves to her," Midas spoke lowly.

"You already know me!" Skye laughed, smiling over at Y/n. "I'm Skye. Thanks again for saving me!"

"Of course, Skye!" Y/n smiled. On the seat beside Skye, a girl leaned back far in her chair and her legs were crossed over the table. She had short brown hair and wore a red shirt with brown pants. "Nice to meet ya, kiddo," she spoke, nodding to her and smiling softly. "Name's TNTina, but just call me Tina," she winked.

"Tina, got it," Y/n grinned. "I'm Maya," a girl with long brown hair spoke softly. Her voice was very soft compared to her darkened black cameo printed jumpsuit. She adjusted her black cap and smiled at her. "It's so nice to meet you. You're gonna love it here!"

"I'm sure I will!"

"Meow mew!" A half cat half human spoke next, opposite of Tina.

Y/n bit her lip, feeling bad that she didn't understand him. "He said welcome to the Agency. That's Meowscles, but most of us just call him Mew," a tall, dark and menacing man spoke from the far end of the table. "Name's Brutus. That over there is Peely. He don't talk much," he grumbled.

Y/n couldn't deny it - she felt very intimidated by him. On the flip side, Mew and Peely seemed very well as the other girls did. Though she knew all of this was strictly for an undercover mission, she felt more at home with these new Agents than she did with her home Agents of Shadow.

"It's so nice to meet you all," Y/n smiled, feeling very happy. "Good. Now that you all have met, Maya and Tina? I am putting you two in charge of training her for the next few days. I want her to feel comfortable with how we do things around here."

Tina finger gunned at him as Maya nodded, smiling, "Yes, Sir!"

"Whatever you say, Boss!" Tina chuckled, leaning over to look at Y/n, "Hope you like explosives, dude."

"They're cool," Y/n chuckled, loving her chill attitude.

"Good. Now that you've all met, you are dismissed. Recruit L/n, please stay for a moment."

Everyone waved goodbye and chatted amongst themselves as they cleared the room, leaving Y/n and Midas alone.

"So? Impressions of the team so far?" Midas smiled, standing up and fixing his tie.

"They all seem so nice!" Y/n exclaimed, standing up as well. "I don't think I've ever met such a different group of people that all got along so well."

"I wasn't lying when i said my Agents are top of the line in the field and around the Agency," he chuckled, his smile growing wider the more excited she got.

"I'll show you to your room. Then you can spend the rest of the day doing whatever you'd like. Your training with the girls start tomorrow,"
Midas explained as they walked out. Y/n nodded and followed him to her new room.

Midas took out his card once they got to her door and swiped it over the lock, twirling it between his golden fingers as he turned to her, "I'm currently working on making you a keycard. Once you have one, it's vital you do not lose it. That's your access card to every place in the Agency, including rooms if it's programmed to open it. Understood?"

Y/n nodded, biting her lip. "Don't lose it. Got it."

Midas moved out of the way so she could enter her room. She looked around and grinned, though it didn't have a lot of furniture inside, it was definitely bigger than her home in Holly and made her excited to design it.

"You can do whatever you want with this room. It's yours to decorate once you join Ghost fully," Midas said as Y/n looked around the room.

"I love it already," Y/n grinned, turning to him. "You're really buttering me up to join Ghost, hmm?"

"I know a good Agent when I see one," Midas put his hands in his pockets and smirked, turning on his heel as he walked out, "Theres no way I'm letting you get away that easily."

Y/n watched him walk out and waited until he was down the hall to shut the door, sighing softly. "Damn. He really is driving a hard bargain..." she muttered, sitting on her bed. "I'm actually enjoying this better than Shadow."