Makeup And A Voicecrack

The men led me and my pair to a small tent. The smiling woman was already waiting for us there, giving her fakest smile.
Hey Harley, she said, you still seem to have your voice honey.

I nodded.

When you got given your name, did you see anything? asked the clown.

Pause

I slowly nodded again. What are they gunna do to me? Will they take my voice? I was so scared but showed my brave and calm face.

What did you see? Interrogated the lady, her eyes made her look no more than 20.

Silence.

She snapped.

WHAT DID YOU SEE HARLEY!!! she demanded, no longer in her sweet voice but in a demonic tone.

I saw myself, as Harley, having a heart tattoo. That's all, it's no big deal - was all I managed to say.

The two looked at each other then at my pair.
We need to start earlier - said the woman nodding to the man.

You three come with me - she said regain her calm tone.

We followed her as she took up a pace. Her long ginger hair flowed behind her making her look elegant and lady like, unlike me and Penny. We looked like prostitutes. The lady came to a halt in front of the same tent we had the Naming Ceremony in. She walked to the front and took us with her. Not soon after, the rest of the clowns came wondering in, scared and confused.

We will begin the makeup now - her voice echoed through the hall.

Then the clown help my shoulder and guided me and my pair backstage. The backstage was brightly lit by a lot of lights. I saw makeup brushes and tattoo equipment on every table. What are they gunna do to us? I felt myself quivering. Then, the clown got me and pair to sit down in front of a table.
Jessica! He shouted.
A tall woman with blond hair and purple contacts walked in. She has her hair in a messy bun and had glasses cover her eyes. Overall she was pretty. She walked over to put table and sat down.
Code b - said the clown next to me.
Which one? - asked Jessica in a soothing voice. The man pointed at one of us but I couldn't be sure which.
But do all- he turned and walked away.

She looked at each of us and took in our outfits.
Who's going first? she asked with a faint smile. We looked at each other. Pogo nad Penny started shaking their heads and I nodded.
What's your name-she asked in a calm voice.
Harley-i mumbled quiet.
That's a nice name-she said.
She gave me a mirror to hold and put me in a different chair. I glanced at my pair and they gave me worried smiles, trying to reassure me. Heat was rising through my body. I was sweating.
We'll go for a cute but simple look I think - she said.
I nodded.
She took a makeup brush and did my makeup. I had triangles above and under my eyes, they were blue and red. My hair got tied up into two space buns. She applied a ton of hairspray: my head felt like a brick.
How's that? - she asked. I sighed in relief.
That's pretty- I said, quite gladly.
I'm going to have to give you local anaesthetic Hartley-she said with a sad look.
Why-I said, shaking head to toe.
I need to tattoo the designs on you-she said, holding my shoulder down. I knew the makeup seemed too real. I sighed and nodded. She gave my shoulder a reassuring squeeze before giving me a mask. I breathed in and counted to five before going numb.
Jessica took the mirror from me before starting. I was glad I couldn't feel anything. It was weird, not being able to move. After she finished she moved onto Pogo. I couldn't move my head to see what she was doing but by the look on Penny's face, it wasn't too pretty. After Jessica was done with Pogo, I regained control. I sat up and looked around, I couldn't see Penny or Pogo.
Hey Jessica, can I have a mirror? - I asked half hoping the answer is no.
She just nodded and handed me a mirror. I took a deep breath and then looked in the mirror.

CRACK
I dropped the mirror in awe.
OMG I'm so sorry Jessica! It wasn't that its bad or anything but, I'm surprised this is what's on my face for the rest of my life-I said, trying to explain my actions. She just giggled and pointed at the door, I guess I had to leave.
One more question-I said turning back. The heart means your one of the fighters-she said before turning and walking away. I thanked her and left, looking for Pogo and Penny.
They must be in the dorms.