Chapter 11: Kellin

I picked up my phone to call Katelynne. I had been so busy yesterday, I hadn't had the chance to call.

     "Hi, Kell," Katelynne greeted. She sounded kind of distant. It wasn't normal for her to be like this. She was usually so busy with the kids, she didn't have the time to think. I hope everything was ok.

     "Hey. Sorry I didn't call yesterday. We were so busy," I told her.

       "It's fine," she told me.

     "You ok?" I asked. I was truly concerned about her.

     "Um…yeah," she seemed like she didn't want to tell me something.

     "What is it, Kate?" I questioned. I wished she just tell me. I wasn't one for guessing.

     She sighed. "Just something with Rob," she responded. Obviously, it was something pretty intense.

      "What happened?" I wondered. JUST FUCKING TELL ME!

     "Nothing," she insisted.

     "Kate, just tell me," I pried, getting a little angry.

     "He," she started. She paused. "He…he kissed me," she finally admitted.

     "He did what?!" I exclaimed.

     "You heard me," she said. I could tell she didn't want to repeat it.

     "What the fuck was he thinking? Does he not see the ring on your finger? He has lost his fucking mind?" I screamed. I hadn't meant it to come out so loud, but it did. Jesse shot me a "What the hell?" look.

     "I don't know," she murmured.

     "I know you don't but what did he think would happen? Did he think you'd run back to him? You're not, right?" I asked suddenly contemplating the possibility of Katelynne going back to Rob. I don't know what I would have done if she did. I probably would have a break down for the rest of my life. I loved her too much.

     "Of course not! I can't believe you would ever think that. I would never leave you," she exclaimed. "I love you," she said more quietly, "Why would I go back with someone who hit me?"

     "You never told me he hit you," I said in complete shock. She told me he hurt her, but I thought she meant emotionally not physically. How could he hit someone as amazing as Katelynne.

     "Well, he did. Not a lot, just a slap here and there, not like in the movies or anything, but that's why I left. I…I would never leave you," she told me. She sounded like she was crying.

     "Kate, don't cry. I know you wouldn't leave. I'm sorry and if you did leave, I have no idea what I would do without you. Please don't cry," I pleaded. I hated to hear her cry. She was so amazing and perfect that hearing her cry made me miserable.

     "I just want you to know that leaving you has never even crossed my mind. I knew I wanted to be with you forever since the first time we spoke. I would never give up what we have, especially not for Rob," she told me. I smiled.

       "I love you," I told her.

     "I love you, too," she responded.

     "What would I do without you?" I questioned.

     "Let's be honest, you'd either be miserable or dead," she said with a laugh. I was happy that she had stopped crying and was back to her old self.

     "You're right, I would be," I chuckled.

     "Babe, I have to go. I have work tomorrow and I need to get some sleep," she told me.

     "Ok. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Love you," I said.

     "Ok. Love you, too," she said and hung up.

     Just one week till we were in Michigan.