Chapter {12} Advantage

Start from the beginning

Reflexively, I squealed and jumped off his bed, losing my balance and falling on the ground with a thud.

“Jeez, you’d think I tried to molest you or something.” David said, as he rose from his bed and stretched.

I groaned in response. I was still a little…flustered from what had happened last night. There was no need to make that worse.

Thankfully, he didn’t seem to remember that little incident, though.

“What happened to your headache?” I asked him, still not bothering to get up off the ground.

“It’s all gone now, thanks to seeing your pretty face.” He replied with a smile.

I felt a slight blush creep onto my face as I stared up at David with my most partially open in shock.

David smirked and I immediately clamped my mouth shut and glared at him.

“You’re so easy to bother.” He said with a small chuckle as he stepped around me to leave the room.

Asshole…

“Wait, don’t leave me alone up here!”

***

“Cat, can you drive?” My mom asked me while I was making my way down the stairs.

“I don’t have my license yet.” I replied to my mom. Bad parallel parking apparently ran in our genes because all three of us, my mom, my sister and I, had all failed our road test the first time because of horrible parallel parking.

“You’ve practiced enough. And out of all of us, you seem the most stable.” She explained, gesturing to David and Sylvia, and pointing out their very zombie-like features.

“Alright, I’ll drive.” I said.

“Great, let’s go.”

We all grabbed our stuff and I reached for the car keys, but stopped short when I noticed an unfamiliar pair of keys. David’s.

“Hey, can we take David’s car instead?” I asked my mom, ignoring the fact that it was, in fact, David’s car.

“You’re going to wreck my car.” David said to me, pulling his keys out of my reach.

“But your car’s shiny.” I said with a small pout, attempting to act cute. This had better work or I was going to vomit all over the living room because of the sound of my own voice.

He stared at me for a split second before he replied. “Fine,” and chucked the keys at me.

Oh crap, it worked.

Victorious, I walked out of the house with a spring in my step, before I turned and locked the door behind me.

I turned towards the direction of the driveway and gawked at the sight of the car I would be driving.

I remembered it being black and shiny, but not this black and shiny.

Now, I knew almost nothing about cars, but I could tell from first glance that this was one expensive, hot ride.

How the hell did David afford such a luxurious car?

After quickly admiring its sleek appearance, I hopped into the driver’s seat of the car, and strapped on my seatbelt. My mom took the front seat, while Sylvia and David sat in the back.

“Um, what if I really crash into a fence?”

“Then we all die. Now try not to get us all killed because I’m hungry.” My mom replied.