19.

Flashback.
Harry had seemed off all day, but maybe since he's a perfectionist at heart, never admits it, he wanted everything to go right for Louis' birthday.

He never expected this to happen.

Louis walks through the door, and immediately his mouth drops open. There is a trail of pink rose petals starting with a little card saying "follow me". He starts walking, following it to a little card on the table in the hall. It's right next to a photo that Harry took of Louis when they were in New York City.

Dear Boobear,
Remember when I took you to the Empire State Building in New York for the first time? Your eyes were so big and blue. We spent that whole day exploring. I want that forever. Now, follow the petals, love.

Louis didn't need anyone to tell him that card was from Harry. He can feel tears start to build. He sniffs and follows the flowers, leading to the shelf where Harry has numerous awards. There is a card propped against one.

Dear Boobear,
  You've been there through almost everything. I remember when you told me that you had never seen anyone as and I quote "sexier in a sheer black pantsuit," That was the Met Gala night, the night when you couldn't keep it in your pants over how I looked. Practically drooling, tut tut. I want that forever. Keep going.

Louis chuckled at that, but with a blush on his face.

Harry had snuck in behind him, hands clammy with nerves,he can see both Louis and the others on the couch behind Louis' silhouette.

Louis followed to the third letter, on the kitchen table.

Dear Boobear,
  Ahh, one more after this. I remember when we bought this house, you said to me "Teach me how to cook so I can feed you." I laughed, I just said "You should never have to worry about that, I'm the one taking care of you,love." The next few weeks you kept asking, I finally gave in. Now you can at least make pancakes without burning them.
I want to keep teaching you how to make food that you will most likely never make. I want that forever. One more.

Louis was shocked that Harry remembered any of that, he did, but he wasn't sure if Harry did. He wiped a few stray tears, completely oblivious of the people on the couch, or that Harry was following him.

He gets to the final one, on the counter, where he always sits while Harry cooks.

Dear Boobear,
  You made it to the last card. Louis, my sunshine, my muse, my doll, my angel, my whole GODDAMN world, I love you so much it hurts. Remember when we went everywhere together? I want that forever. Remember when you and I had numerous food fights right here in this kitchen. We had our first kiss here, I brought us back from our third date, well, you insisted to come over.
We have shown each other our worst sides, we've shown each other our best sides and everything in between. I want that.
I put this card here, where you will always sit. No matter what.
Now, shall we make many more memories? Look up, Love.

Louis didn't even realize he was crying until he looked up, and a tear feel. When he looked up, there was a sign, that said in big words: LOUIS, BOOBEAR, TURN AROUND.

Louis did just that, and when he did, he was greeted by Harry down on one knee, with a box in his hand. Louis sunk to the floor, overcome with emotion.

"Louis William Tomlinson, will you marry me?" Harry said through the light tears in his eyes.

Louis immediately nodded his head yes, and he scooted over to Harry, crying, but happy tears, very happy tears. Everyone started clapping and that is when Louis remembered that there were other people in their house.

Harry placed the silver ring on Louis' left hand. Right where it should be, and they kissed, a deep, long, long and meaningful kiss.

Wow.... that just happened. Ill post a follow up in a few days.