twenty-three

Blair refused to let Isaac sit next to her on the track bus since she didn't want him to find out about her current state

Blair refused to let Isaac sit next to her on the track bus since she didn't want him to find out about her current state. She was currently occupying the seats in front of Isaac and Boyd as she huddled into a corner against the window as she tried to ignore the pain coursing through her body currently. Any sudden noises of pain could alert the two werewolves behind her of her pain and she didn't want them to take away any of it - believing that she deserved all of it since she wasn't able to save Derek in time.

Blair had been smart enough to wear a dark t-shirt while clutching her jacket tighter against her in order to hide any evidence of an injury. The claw marks on her stomach were still dripping blood and Blair couldn't help the drowsiness that kept her head pressed to the window as she tried to stay conscious incase falling sleep worsened her state.

"Blair, Blair." Blair didn't answer the whispers from Isaac until he called her name a fourth time, Blair finally snapping her head up to face Isaac behind her who was staring at his best friend in concern.

"What Isaac?" Blair asked, the tiny wince of pain shooting through her as she finally moved to answer her best friend's calls. Isaac hearing the wince as he believed it was due to the fact she was being forced to communicate rather than actual pain.

"Want some food?" Isaac asked, he knew better than to ask if she was okay considering it was obvious she wouldn't be okay since her last family figure had just died last night. Blair shook her head no and turned around but Isaac still dropped the bottle of water and granola bar beside her, knowing she would be too stubborn to actually admit that she was hungry since he knew she hadn't eaten all morning since she arrived on the track bus and that was at seven am.

Blair didn't say anything as she grabbed the water bottle off the seat causing Isaac to smile slightly that Blair was accepting some sort of help even if she didn't say anything to acknowledge it. Blair tended to get her stubbornness from Derek - both of them always completely refusing to seek help from anyone even if it caused them further pain and trouble.

"There's a jackknifed tractor a few miles ahead. Could miss the meet." Isaac informed his two friends beside him but neither of them were paying attention as Blair was close to knocking out while Boyd was beginning to wolf out beside Isaac. His eyes beginning to glow gold causing Isaac to start to freak out incase Coach saw.

"Boyd? Boyd?" Isaac called Boyd's name out, Blair simply believing that Boyd was ignoring Isaac like she had been doing previously. However, Blair turned her head slightly when she heard Boyd's growl and his claws began to sink down a part of her seat as he tried to control his anger.

"Boyd, whatever you're going to do, don't. None of us are in a position to get into a fight right now." Blair croaked out as she began to adjust her body, Isaac finally noticing how weak his best friend appeared. Her face was much paler than usual, and her hand was slightly shaking when she used it to try and bring herself up to talk to Boyd. Isaac's mouth opened to ask her a question but was interrupted when Scott came to their seats to talk to Boyd after noticing him wolfing out from his spot in the back.