Chapter 10: Vanilla Flavored Venue

Jungkook's P.O.V

》》》》

》》》》

July 11th

2020

-THE NEXT DAY-

_______

-PHONE CALL-

YG: Min Yoongi

JK: Jeon Jungkook

YG: Hurry up and speak it's 4 in the fucking morning.

JK: It's important.

YG: Considering the time I hope it is.

JK: You remember that guy I talked about who's filling in the spot for my eomma until August?

YG: Oh, you mean the one you said had a high pitched twink voice that complains all the time?

JK: His name is Park Jimin, I told you that.

YG: Yeah but this makes it fun to taunt you.

JK: Haha you're funny. But I need some help... I fucked up.

YG: This is not new.

JK: I kissed him.

YG: You-- what? I thought you basically hated him.

JK: It was in the heat of the moment and I was--

YG: Desperate?

JK: No, I was--

YG: Lovestruck?

JK: I don't even like him. He's only going to be working at the shop for less than a month now. It makes no sense to even start. It'll be a waste of my time.

YG: But you kissed him.

JK: I know and I don't want to go further than that. I can't like him.

YG: Okay, problem solved. You don't like him. What's the issue?

JK: I have an eight-hour shift with him tomorrow. We have to serve at the water bomb festival as a vendor.

YG: Wait tomorrow's Sunday. Isn't that usually your off day or something?

JK: Not this week. My appa seems to think money will smooth it all over.

YG: Wow... You really outdid yourself with this one. I don't see why you can't just tell him to fuck off. It seemed easy before.

JK: Me neither, I just don't wanna fuck up things even more than I have. My Appa and I are just starting to be normal again and I don't want it to come crashing down, because of a stupid mistake.

YG: Well... Good luck with that. I'll be resting peacefully while you contemplate.

JK: Hmph... Night.

-END CALL-

After getting off the phone with Yoongi, I sighed loudly and tossed my phone next to me on the bed. I stayed up all night thinking about yesterday's events. The more I continued to dwell on the memory, it got even more complicated. I constantly questioned my mindless actions.

Why did it happen?

I wanted to tell myself that I didn't really know. But I knew I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. I knew I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to turn back and stop myself from ever embarking on the decision, and save myself from further confusion down the line. However, what happened yesterday is irreversible and I had to live with it.

This was the first time in a long time where going to work was one of the worst things imaginable. I tried to come up with various ways I could skid away from ever having to discuss what happened again. Unfortunately, I knew it's wasn't going to be easy dodging the infamous question that was now never leaving until it was answered.

Why did I kiss him?

I don't know him at all.

He doesn't know me at all.

I don't care about him at all.

Something about Jimin and I's argument dredged up an unusual sensation I've never had to endure. When I got into arguments it never ended in a good way, and it definitely has never ended with something as intimate as a kiss.

A kiss with a stranger who meant nothing to me--Who means nothing to me.

But I can't seem to get it out of my head.