Chapter 5

It had to be an illusion.

It was just because she hadn't slept. That's it.

She closed her eyes and when she reopened them, she didn't see anyone, in fact she just saw random people talking or milling around.

"Y/N! You spilled your sprite all over". Nicks loud voice seemed to wake her up.

She felt nauseated and looked down at her now very wet food.

Ezra took the tray with a soft smile.

"It's ok Y/N. Don't worry about it. You can't eat soggy food". He ran off leaving the two friends alone together.

Nick huffed and leaned back in his seat.

"That boy... hey you ok? You look kinda green". Nick said worriedly looking at Y/N.

She shook her head and said in a hushed tone, "I think the lack of sleep is getting to me. I just thought I saw Kira".

Nick looked really surprised.

Kira had always been the most touch subject for Poor Y/N. Nick never really dared to approach the subject of him, Y/N would get mad if he tried.

"Isn't he at the Mayfield Mental institution? I doubt they would let him go. Yeah you're probably just tired. Lack of sleep does weird shit to your body". Nick said as Ezra came back carrying napkins and no tray.

Taking a deep breathe, Y/N smiled at Ezra and helped him clean up the table.

"I'm really sorry Ezra. I'll make it up to you I swear".

Ezra smiled sweetly at her and replied with a "It's ok. Accidents happen".

Nick still looked at him suspiciously.

But he now had another worry on his mind.

A much bigger worry. His best friend who seemed to be stuck in her own past.

Feeling a vibration from her pocket, Y/N pulled out her phone to see a text from her psychologist.

He usually checked up on her if needed be and she really appreciated it.

She smiled and sent a quick text back.

As she sat back down Ezra was still wiping down the table.

"Don't want it to be all sticky. By the way we have class together tomorrow. I'm so excited!" He said exicted as can be. While he chartered on to an amused Y/N and to a moody face Nick, Y/N couldn't help feeling scared.

Two days of either seeing things or having bad premonitions was saying something.

She would really need to try to see her therapist more and maybe just try to do more self calming routines at home.

A sudden slam made Ezra cut off his happy chatter.

Someone slammed a book down on the table causing everyone in the cafeteria to stare at them.

Looking over at the pissed looking person Y/N inwardly groaned.

It was Jax Edwards. This was one of Nicks exes and someone who seemed to always stalk both Nick and Y/N.

He looked like a typical rough guy, with good looks and scorching eyes.

But, he just seemed to always bother them at the most random of times, and he did not have the best temper.

"Hello Nick. You didn't answer my texts". He growled in his deep sexy voice.

Y/N looked away, if there was one thing she had to admit, Jax had a seriously hot voice. A very bad guy but with sexiness combined. It made women and men sweat or turn away. Y/N could not meet him in the eyes most of the time due to her need of fanning herself.

"Fuck off Jax. I told you I'm not hanging out with you. Even as friends". Nick seethed at his ex partner.

Jax looked ready to hurt someone and it caused a few passerbyers to run off in alarm.

As his anger seemed to grow so did the worried whisperings in the cafeteria. Oh boy.

As Y/N was figuring out how to defuse everything, Ezra leaned down to her.

"We have class in 5 minutes. We better go".

Ah shit.

She looked over at Nick and pointed to a nearby clock.

He seemed to understand and made a shooing motion.

As she and Ezra left the cafeteria, she could still feel the tension, and she sighed internally.

Nick had many ex boyfriends and girlfriends. Some of them seemed to just harass the poor guy out of spite.

"That was crazy. Jax Edwards is a dangerous guy. Has a nasty temper. I didn't think your friend was involved with such a guy". Ezra laughed next to her snapping her out of it a bit.

"Oh uh yeah. They had a history together. But Jax seems to like annoying us.. well mainly Nick whenever he can".

Ezra nodded thoughtfully, "Hey Y/N. After class can I ask you something? It's kind of important".

She frowned as they approached their classroom.

"Sure I guess. I'll have to head home afterwards though".

"It won't take long I promise". Ezra beamed af her his smile nearly blinding.

She gave him a smile and nodded, heading into the classroom and elbowing past a few oogling girls.

The girls parted like the sea when Ezra came up behind her.

As they choose seats in the back, Ezra couldn't help but smirk to himself.

He hadn't expected Jax to appear but that was fine.

At least it kept that annoying Nick out of the way.

Ezra had noticed Kira too.

Stupid shit was trying every opportunity to look over at Y/N.

His girl.

That would not be good.

After all Ezra always won in the end.

He smiled to himself causing a guy next to him to stare bashfully.

Always.