A little slip

*Allison's P.O.V*
Oliver and I talk some more while waiting for Annabelle to come back. We talk about dresses, make up, and of course our favorite things to do. Mine was to nap, Oliver's was to be with Caspian which kind of told me who was his favorite caregiver. It was also really interesting to me that Caspian and Michelle were both caregivers like Annabelle and Maxon.

During our conversation I look down, moving my legs to cross them and sit comfortably. My cheeks heat up as I feel my underwear crinkle slightly.

It quickly comes to my realization that I am still wearing the pullup. I can't tell what was more embarrassing: the fact I hadn't noticed until now or that it didn't bother me that much. I think the second one was slightly more embarrassing.

"Oliver," Michelle's voice coos as she walks in the room. "I was wondering what you and Leah were up to this morning," she smiles as she kisses his  forehead.

"I made a friend," Oliver grins as he looks over at me. "She said my dress was pretty," he states happily, like it was the most important thing he had heard this morning.

"Oh really?" Michelle asks as she hums slightly. "Did you say thank you?" She questions.

Oliver's face suddenly goes pale. "No," he says softly. "Thank you," he whispers quickly as he turns to me.

"You're welcome," I mutter, worried why he has suddenly gone pale. Michelle seems to be worried too but she crouches down to be at his eye level.

"Hey, hey Ollie, breathe for mama. You are not in trouble, I was just asking you a question," Michelle says as she squeezes his hands gently. "Remember forgetting things will never get you in trouble," she states as she looks into his eyes.

"Right," Oliver murmurs as Michelle guides him to stand up. "Need cuddle time," he states as he lets go of her hands, making fists sort of like he was grabbing something.

"Alright," Michelle agrees as she picks him up, patting his back. "Let's go cuddle baby," she murmurs as she kisses his cheek while walking out of the bedroom.

I frown as I realize I have been left alone. I debate getting up to go look for someone when Annabelle comes back in.

"Sorry I was gone so long, little one, I was arranging for us to be in the garden today," Annabelle says as she comes over to me.

"Arrange? Don't you own the garden?" I ask curiously as I tilt my head.

"Yes but I had to tell the council that I would not be there today. It's common courtesy to let them know," Annabelle states. "Also sometimes there are other things happening in the garden, today though it will be just us," she informs me.

"Alright," I nod my head. She picks me up, resting me on her hip. I squeak softly as I cling to her. "I can walk you know," I point out, making no move to actually get down.

"I know. I prefer carrying you though," she says as she starts walking, presumably to the garden. "Did you have fun with Oliver?" She asks.

"Yeah, it was nice talking to him. He was really nice," I state as I look around the hallways.

"Yes he is a sweet little boy, just a bit shy," She states as she patted my back. "Your outfits should be done later today," she adds.

"That's good," I say as I smile slightly. Although I kind of miss the thought of wearing Annabelle's clothes even though it's only been one full day with her.

"Yes it is, then I'll be able to put you in some outfits that actually fit you," she chuckles while opening a door, stepping out and shutting the door behind her. She carefully sits me down which makes me pout just for a second.

I look around curiously. "It's pretty out here," I confess as I study all the plants.

"Yes it is," Annabelle agrees as she rests her hand on my shoulder. "Don't touch anything though, you could hurt the flowers or yourself," she expresses which makes me nod slightly.

I start to walk around the garden, exploring it with a skip in my step Annabelle trails behind me, keeping a close eye on me. She also tells me something about each of the plants that I pause to look at which is really interesting.

I think it surprises us both when my foot gets caught on something and I trip, landing on my hands and knees. I am numb for a second before I feel everything flicker away. It wasn't that painful but a part of me told me to cry and that part was so loud in my mind that I did.

I start to cry as Annabelle scoops me up. "Owie," I whimper as I cuddle into her. It feels like something has flicked a switch inside me and everything feels different.

My thoughts seem a lot more childish and carefree which I don't mind. But the crying over falling was bothering me. I wasn't a baby, I shouldn't have cried when I fell.

"Oh baby that was a nasty fall," Annabelle coos as she rocks me back and forth. I stare up at her quietly as I smile softly.

I reach up and touch her cheek, giggling when her hair brushes across my hand. "Tickles," I state, my voice sounding softer and younger.

I see Annabelle's eyes sparkle when she hears my voice. "Yes I'm sure it does. Tell me darling, how old are you?" She asks. I thought about it for a little bit before holding up three fingers. "Oh wow so you are a big girl," she says as she smiles.

"Mmhmm," I nod as I look around curiously before Annabelle helps me up and lets me stand on my own . My eyes close for a second and then I feel the sense of safety leave me as the pain starts to dull down in my hands and knees. "What happened?" I ask although I have a pretty good idea of what has just happened.

"You regressed for the first time," she says as she gently rubs my back. "It was very cute," she states and I feel my cheeks heat up at her words.

"So now you know what age I regress to?" I ask as I tilt my head.

"No, not exactly. It does give me a better idea on what it may be though," Annabelle explains as she sits down on a nearby bench. "Did you enjoy regressing for the first time? I mean besides the fact that you fell and that caused it," She asks.

"Yeah, it was kinda strange but it wasn't bad," I shrug as I sat down next to her, resting my head on her shoulder.

"Don't fall asleep, I want to show you something," Annabelle says as she runs her fingers through my hair, earning a small pout from me. I wasn't even planning on falling asleep. I was just a little sleepy, not sleepy enough to fall asleep though.