[xxxviii] RIVER.

the sound of rushed footsteps against the wooden floor woke you up from your deep slumber. your eyes fluttered open and shut, the comfort of your bed pulling you in again to sleep. even if the sunlight that probed your eyes were forcing you to wake up, the coldness of the room as well as your bed was keeping you warm and comfortable.

     as you prepare for another hour of sleep, the blanket around you was suddenly pulled off. "wake up, y/n!" sasha's cheerful voice filled the room, shaking you awake to the point that you no longer felt the tranquility of the morning. you groaned and turned to your side, shutting your eyes tight in hopes of your friend leaving you alone.

     "if you don't get up this instant, we'll be late for the breakfast buffet!"

     in a second, you were already up. you blinked as the sunlight temporarily blinded you. you looked around the room and found that you and sasha were the only people inside. "go and wash your face, you ugly." sasha chirped out, pulling you to your feet despite your grogginess. "the others are already eating, they're just waiting for us." 

     you groaned and made your way to the bathroom, locking the door. you faced yourself in front of the mirror, standing at the middle of the room for at least ten seconds before opening the faucet. you washed your face and fixed your hair, looking at the mirror afterwards as the water dripped from your skin.

     you were awake now and you eyed your face carefully before landing on a bruise on your neck. instantly, you screamed and backed away, clutching your neck as heat rushed to your face. oh... OH. damn it, hange! you blushed as you looked around the bathroom in panic, memories of yesterday flashing back like a damn film. your heart started pounding, excitement, happiness and panic filling your head. 

     "y/n? you okay?" sasha asked, her voice muffled by the door.

     you gulped, "yep! j-just saw a cockroach."

     "eat it."

     ignoring her statement, you looked around the bathroom with wide eyes. you were lucky that sasha didn't notice or question the bruise on your neck, otherwise you'd have a hard time explaining it. you could lie and tell that it was a mosquito bite to sasha and connie, those two idiots are likely to believe such thing while armin... well, he is too observant. 

     it was small too but the fact that your friends know you slept beside hange, they'd start thinking of it as 'hange's work'. finally, your eyes landed on nifa's make-up purse. heaving a sigh, you quickly looked around its contents and saw her foundation. you quickly got to work to cover it up, blending the make-up to hide the bruise. 

     grinning at your work, you exited the bathroom where sasha was waiting impatiently. "finally!" she groaned out before pulling you out of the hotel room, locking the door as you made your way to the dining area.

     "shouldn't we change first? we're in our pjs..." you questioned, looking down at your hello kitty pajamas and baggy shirt.

     sasha rolled her eyes, "bitch, we're eating breakfast. not going outside!" she explained, smiling when she caught sight of the large dining area. she quickly headed inside and waved at your friends who were already seating and eating.

     biting back a smile, you turned to the buffet area and grabbed a plate, your mouth watering at the sight of various foods. sasha wasted no time in grabbing everything she could eat while you made sure to check out things that you like and want to taste. after that, you and your friend went to the table where your colleagues and friends were seating at. you pulled up a chair beside armin and in front of you was sasha, who was sitting beside connie.