Its not what you think

I've been coming home late ever since my work hours have been extended. As I was walking home I realized that if I'm coming home late this whole week this who's gonna remind Arthur to take his medication.

I dragged myself through the door, locking it from behind. I slumped into the living room and fell straight onto the couch.

"Finally" I thought as I stretched my legs out on the coach

Then I realized the quietness within the apartment, it's tooo quiet.

"Where's Arthur!" I thought

I walked upstairs and called out for Arthur

"Arthur?"

"Yeah y/n" he said softly

I entered our bedroom to find him sitting on the desk immediately yet so cleverly shutting his notebook. I've never read or touched his notebook since I felt that to be quite disrespectful even if I snooped through it before.

"I missed you so much" I smiled as I wrapped my arms around him and placed myself into his lap.

My eyes scanned his eyes, the only emotion they was reflecting back seemed painful yet trying it's hardest to fade away.

"Arthur what's wrong?" I asked as I ran my fingers through his soft brown hair

Arthur sniggered then let out a small laugh

"N-nothing I-I'm just tired" he smiled as he looked down

"Arthur?" I questioned again yet wanting to know what was up

"Y/n" Arthur laughed as he cupped my face into his hands

"I'm fine" he smiled

Y/n pressed her lips onto Arthur's and kissed him gently. Arthur wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to his chest.

I pulled away and remembered to ask him if he had taken his medication or not.

"Did you take your-" he stopped me as his lips were placed onto mine. I couldn't help but to kiss him back. I missed him so much, with me coming home late I've been missing him alot.

The next day Arthur decided to see y/n at her work place. Since she was a waitress working at Gotham's most famous restaurant. He didn't want to go inside, instead he began watching her from outside. He didn't like going into such overcrowded areas.

He observed y/n, she was simply just doing her job, until he noticed a guy approaching y/n however he was getting a little too close, he was giggling around with y/n.

Just as Arthur was about to enter the place, he stopped in his tracks and noticed y/n smiling and giggling at the note that he had handed to her.

"What could she be laughing at? What has he written in that note!"

Then the guy hugged y/n

Arthur had seen enough to make him question himself to the point where he began thinking of unpleasant scenarios.

"What if he gave his number to her and y/n falls in love with him and then...leaves me..."

Arthur clenched his fist as he stormed off home.

Arthur's pov:
I slammed our bedroom door open and sat on my desk and frantically took my notebook out, I began writing the pain that was beginning to increase within me. My vision was starting to get blurry due to the increasingly amount of tears settling outside my eyelid ready to just let go.

 My vision was starting to get blurry due to the increasingly amount of tears settling outside my eyelid ready to just let go

Arthur sighed as he began chewing the tip of the pencil. He then heard the door open, he sighed and tried to maintain his emotions. He saw y/n walking in.

"Hey Arthur" she smiled

Arthur ignored her and shut his eyes

"Arthur" she smiled as she placed her hand on his shoulder

Arthur removed y/ns hand and walked off

Y/n was confused, why did he do that?

"Arthur what's wrong?"  Y/n asked as she came closer

"Nothing" he replied

The closer she came the more distant Arthur was becoming.

Arthur went towards the kitchen and took out his pack of cigarettes.

"Arthur you promised me you wouldn't smoke again" y/n sighed as she tried to take the packet off him, Arthur stopped her and grabbed onto her wrist.

"I do not have to promise you anything!" he said as he squeezed y/ns arm

"Arthur! what are you saying?" Y/n yelled as she couldn't believe what Arthur called her, she tried to fight off Arthur's grip

"Go back to the guy in that restaurant whom you were flirting with" Arthur yelled as he pushed y/ns back causing her to fall onto the coach.

"Arthur what are you talking about?!" Y/n yelled as she stood up to Arthur
"What the hell has gotten into you!" She yelled

Arthur began laughing uncontrollably but there was so much pain within his laugh.

"You know you don't have to stay with me if you pity me, I'm fine the way I am" Arthur cried

"Arthur no! Honestly I don't know what you're talking about, I love you so much please don't say that" y/n said as she began tearing up too

Arthur lightly chuckled as he walked out of the apartment.

Y/n was confused she had no idea what he was talking about....what was he even thinking!

Y/n tried to think about her whole day and she tried to remember what guy was he talking about.

'So I was serving my customers ...what guy was I flirting with?? I wasn't flirting with anybody!"
Oh.

'I remembered my gay best friend Dean came to visit me and had handed me his number because his weddings coming up next month"

With her coming home late...Arthur being all alone...he didn't take his medication. Y/n sprinted up her chair and walked out of the apartment trying to look for Arthur.

After an hour of searching for Arthur outside in the cold, y/n returned home. She then noticed Arthur on the coach smoking. She ran to Arthur and sat next to him on the couch and sighed with relief

"ARTHUR THERE YOU ARE I THOUGHT YOU WER-"

"Why...do...you...care?" 

"Arthur listen to me that guy that you saw is my friend he is g-" y/n began stuttering and shaking uncontrollably as she tried explaining to Arthur

"SEE THERE WAS A GUY"

"A-Arthur listen!"

"WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE! GET OUT OF HERE INFACT JUST GET OUT OF MY LIFE!" Arthur stormed into their bedroom and began dashing y/n things out, he began dashing y/ns clothes out and began dashing y/ns things out

Y/n felt numb she couldn't believe what was going on. Arthur pushed y/n out of the way.

"GOSH ARTHUR! THAT GUY IS GAY" I yelled

Arthur suddenly stopped

"He's what?" He asks softly

"He's gay" I said

I could see the flash of regret and embarrassment on Arthur's face

"Y/n" Arthur whispered

I sighed and walked towards him

I held his hand and took him to the kitchen, I handed him the medication and he took it.

"Y/n I-I am so so sorry" Arthur said as i noticed the remorse within his eyes

"It's okay don't worry" I smiled as I hugged him

Arthur never behaved like this before but ever since he hadn't been taking them it's affected him.

"You're so nice" he whispered into my ear

I giggled