49

"so ares wasn't lying when he said you have your own floor in the house?" zayn hummed thoughtfully as they stepped off the elevator onto harry's floor.

harry shot him a confused look over his shoulder. "when did he tell you that?" he asked, laughing as he lead zayn into his bedroom and okay... no door?

well, he figured harry didn't really need one if the entire floor belonged to him.

"he told me when..." but zayn trailed off when they were finally inside, his first view being the amazing hollywood night sky. the purple and blueish hues were actually due to the amount of pollution and smog in the air, but if he didn't think about that... it was pretty stunning.

"when?" harry inquired, giggling when he turned around to see zayn staring in awe at the large window and balcony

"when?" harry inquired, giggling when he turned around to see zayn staring in awe at the large window and balcony. "you okay?" he asked, waving his hand in front of the younger man's face.

"i'm fine," zayn said as he sat his bags down near the electric fireplace before holding his hand out to harry. when the older man took it, he smirked and pulled their bodies together, slipping his arm around harry's waist. "just thinking about all the people that could see you in the lingerie i bought you," zayn teased as he motioned towards the window with his chin.

harry's cheeks immediately deepened in color and he let out a small groan as he covered his face with his hands, trying to hide in the crook of zayn's neck. zayn cooed at how adorable he was, pinching harry's side gently. "what's the matter, baby? too soon?" he laughed, reaching up with his free hand to pull harry's own away from his face.

when harry finally looked at him, he shook his head gently and began nibbling on his bottom lip. zayn waited patiently because he could tell there was something on harry's mind.

"it's not that..." harry's voice seemed to escape him, the words dying in his throat as those lovely green eyes turned away from him. harry looked like he was floating away with every second that passed, and zayn had to squeeze his waist to bring him back.

"you can tell me, baby," zayn reassured, dropping his hands back down to harry's slim hips, "if you're comfortable, of course."

it seemed like that was the correct response because harry gazed back up at him with more confidence in his expression, though the smile on his lips was still reserved. "it's like i said... i'm just surprised that you accept me," he explained softly and zayn's eyebrows furrow in response.

that didn't sit well with him—made him feel like harry had been rejected before, which was absolutely mind-boggling. how could anyone turn harry away? it didn't seem plausible for zayn at this point, he was far too infatuated with the older man.

he also felt that maybe there was something deeper behind harry's word, more complicated than just having a preference for wearing lingerie. but he didn't want to step into uncharted territory just yet, especially with how skittish harry had proven to be when revealing new information about himself, so he decided to play it safe for now and let harry flourish around him naturally. it was the best he could hope for at this point.