42: Breathless🍃

Asa

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰
"You make me speechless...

Just kill me silently."
⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

By the time I reached the front gates of the DeAngeles mansion, I was breathless and winded, the harsh harmattan air, stinging my nostrils and scratching my lungs.

It had a deadlock, so I was able to let myself in.

I had already pressed the doorbell button twice before I had time to think.

What am I doing?

What the hell am I doing?

The door flung open and I was greeted by the amused look plastered on the face of Kam's mum.

"Why are you dressed like a prostitute?" She inquired, after taking in my... Um... Outfit.

Which was just a tiny tube top. Tight leather mini skirt. Denim jacket and trainers.

I had wanted to leave for Kam's place immediately after Tasha's pep talk, but she had vehemently disagreed, pushing me into the shower and squeezing me in one of her tightest, shortest, stylish outfit, coupled with three inch heels and a bangin' makeup.

I shrinked into the tiny little handkerchief of an outfit that really didn't look that bad when I stared at myself in the mirror back at home.

"Good evening," I stammered with chattering teeth. "I came to see Kam."

Her gaze softened as she opened the door wider for me. "Come in, Asachi."

"I've not been able to get my son to leave his room for five hours now and I can't waste my time begging him. When he's hungry, he'll come downstairs and make his own food."

I nodded absentmindedly at what she was saying, hugging myself, wishing I had brought a hoodie along.

"But I can't let you go upstairs now. You're freezing cold. Come and have some chicken soup then you can explain to me what all this is about."

I wanted to go up to Kam's room right now, but I couldn't refuse her.

She placed a steaming bowl of chicken soup and my mouth watered at the aroma as I suddenly realized how hungry I was.

She placed a glass of orange juice beside my bowl and sat across from me. "Start from the beginning, Asachi. What happened?"

And so, I told her everything, leaving out the details from my horrible past and just focusing on my mother, wanting me to move abroad with her.

"You're young, Asa." She started wisely. "You have your own life to live. If this is what you want, you shouldn't throw away your dreams, your future, just because your lover is afraid of losing you. You don't owe anybody your life or your happiness. You're yours before you're anyone else's." She squinted at me now, inspecting me curiously. "This is what you want, right? A relationship with your mother. A fresh start."