cons: i know nothing about sports, i probably won't be able to follow the game, it's v loud and i feel especially guilty about the nachos i ate before i left the house when i see athletic people doing their athletic thing

pros: hot girls in soccer uniforms

plus with my luck one of them will probably kick the ball the wrong way and it'll land in my face

pray 4 me,

love, cuba
——

Lauren laughs at the dramatics, but if anything, reading that she'll be in the crowd makes her want this to be the best soccer game in the history of soccer games. Also, she'd feel like a complete and utter fool if they lost in front of Cuba.

As she hears the coach calling her to the field, she quickly types a short message back.

——
From: <loveitifwemadeit@gmail.com>

To: <keepmovingforward@gmail.com>

Oct 13, 2018, 6:02PM

Cuba,

School spirit isn't entirely dumb. Like, I am incredibly school spirited to be graduating in June.

I mean, your cons definitely outweigh your pros, but that one pro is so good that I can't really fault you for caving to your friend's peer pressure and leaving the house to watch the game. Hope you enjoy the game though!

Always in my prayers,

Love, Green
——

She locks her phone and stuffs it in her locker, running out of the locker rooms and onto the pitch. As she glances over at the bleachers, her heart flutters, knowing that Cuba's out there, unknowingly supporting her. And of course, her family is there too, and blushing in embarrassment, she hears her dad's extremely loud cheers as she runs to join the rest of the team. He gets very invested in the games.

But it's Cuba's indirect support that means the most. It's Cuba that makes it the best match she's ever played.

-

Camila thinks that maybe this soccer game isn't such a bad idea when she goes out to the bleachers and sees Michelle Jauregui there. She feels a little stupid that she hadn't realised she'd be here; obviously she'd come to support her sister, and Lauren is the captain of the team.

Camila almost approaches her, but then she realises she's with her parents and another younger sister, she second guesses herself. The last thing she wants is to awkwardly talk to her crush in front of said crush's family. She gives Michelle a last lingering look; the girl is sat head down, looking at her phone, so Camila can't see her properly, so she looks until she's walking past to sit down. Maybe she's emailing me back.

But Michelle sees her. "Camila, hey."

"Hi," Camila awkwardly replies, and before she can regret it, asks, "do you mind if I sit with you? Dinah dragged me here and obviously she's off playing..."

"Of course," Michelle smiles, scooting up closer to her dad to let Camila on the end of the row, "first time, then?"

"Yeah. I know nothing about soccer, Dinah just dragged me here for support and because she thinks I need to have more school spirit." She couldn't resist; she dropped in some stuff she said in her last email, just to see if it'd get a reaction. But no kind of recognition crosses Michelle's face, and Camila tells herself she just hasn't read her last email yet. Unless she's not Green. You just want her to be.