Chapter One: Tough Nights.

"Baba!" A loud cry came from the baby monitor that was stood on Louis' night stand.

Zayn groaned and rolled over nudging Louis' leg with his foot. "Babe..." He started.
"No fucking way Malik." Louis said groggily and moved away from Zayn, pulling the covers up higher. "It's your turn. And he's calling you, not me."

Zayn whined softly and stretched his body out checking his alarm clock as he swung his legs out of bed. 3:23 AM.
"You've got to be kidding me." Zayn mumbled as he quietly made his way down the hallway and searched for the right room. Once he did, he quietly opened the door and switched on the small night light so he wouldn't blind himself or the toddler.

"What's wrong buddy?" Zayn asked in a hushed tone as he walk over to the crib in which Harry sat upright, thick tears streaming down his face as he clutched his duvet in his hands.

"Baba!" Harry cried again and released his duvet, reaching his arms up to Zayn instead.

Zayn smiled softly at him and scooped Harry up, who immediately wrapped his legs around his waist and buried his face away in the nape of Zayn's neck, as he continued to cry.

Zayn sighed lightly and bounced Harry in his arms as he hummed a soft song to him until he calmed down. When he did, Zayn fished the discarded pacifier of the ground and sat down with Harry in the rocking chair as he moved Harry so he could see his face and push the pacifier between his lips.

"What's got you all worked up hm?" Zayn whispered to the greenish innocent watery eyes that stared up at him and wiped away the tears on Harry's cheeks.

Harry immediately started sucking on the dummy and shook his head, hiding into Zayn's chest again.

Zayn sighed softly. "Monkey, I can't help you if you don't talk to me."

Harry whimpered and reached over to his stuffed lion that laid in the crib. "Baba Lex." He mumbled around the pacifier.

Zayn adjusted his hold on Harry and shook his head. "You can have Lex after you tell Baba what's wrong okay?"

Harry whimpered as his eyes started to water up again. "Baba.."

"No Harry, I'm sorry but you need to learn to start to talk to me." Zayn soothed starting to bounce Harry again to hopefully avoid another break down.

"Bad dream." Harry pouted and blinked up at Zayn. "Monster eat Harry, nom nom nom."

Zayn had to resist a coo at his 'youngest' and hugged him close to his chest. "Aw baby, I'm sorry you dreamed that but it's over now isn't it? Monsters aren't real and Baba will always protect you okay?" Zayn hummed pressing a soft kiss to Harry's curls. "Good job for telling me."

"Baba why are you with Harry?" A voice suddenly startled Zayn and he looked up to see Liam standing in the door opening, one hand balled into a fist to rub his eye, the other hanging loosely by his side. His elephant clutched tightly between his fingers.

"Harry was crying and had a bad dream lovely but we can all go back to sleep now yeah?" Zayn said softly, standing up with Harry in his arms as he handed the toddler Lex before he could get fussy.

"Sleep with you and Daddy?" Liam questioned looking up and giving Zayn his famous puppy eyes and Zayn inwardly groaned when Harry caught up on what was being suggested and started bouncing his head yes.

"Alright but we have to be quiet okay? Daddy's sleeping." Zayn said taking Liam's free hand and leading them through the dark hallway and into their bedroom.

Louis was fast asleep, Zayn could tell by the sound of his breathing so he gently nudged him as he lowered Harry into Louis' arms. "The kids are sleeping here." He whispered and Louis mumbled something incoherently, probably still asleep but he did wrap his arms securely around their youngest.
Zayn watched Liam climb into the middle and look up at him expectantly. "Baba come."

Zayn hesitated for a moment, before shaking his head. "Baba's gonna get Niall yeah? He'll be upset if finds out that he didn't sleep here. You cuddle up and wait for us yeah?"

He watched Liam nod before quickly making his way down to Niall's nursery, opened the door and smiled at the sight of Niall fast asleep, his pacifier bobbing up and down gently between his lips.
Zayn carefully picked him up and cradled him in his arms, being mindful not to move him too much and pray Niall didn't wake up.

He walked quietly into their bedroom and sat down on the edge of his bed before laying back and keeping Niall to his chest as he pulled the blankets up.

"Night Baba, I love you." Zayn heard a small whisper as he felt another body pressing up against his side and he couldn't help but smile.

"Night Liam, I love you more..."

~ ~ ~

Soooo.. What did yo guys think? This was just a filler to kind of get in the mood of this story.
The parents are Zouis, as you might've figured out by now and the children are Liam, Niall and Harry.
Thank you for all the lovely messages I've been getting about starting this story, I really appreciate it.
Please leave prompts or suggestions in the comments and I'll try my best to incorporate them.

Voting as always is appreciated and thank you for reading!

Also, the winner of the competition as to which paring this was gonna be is: @doggah4132
I'll contact you personally on you're role in the Spanking book.
The winner was randomly choosen, so don't get upset, I might do more of these competitions if you guys like them. There were also a lot of votes for Ziam and other ships which I would've like also but randomizer those this!
But don't worry though, I could always do one shots and then I'll write something with your favorite ship. If that's requested.

Much love!