Chapter 29...

I HAVE UPDATED TWICE! If you haven't read Chapter 28 go back and read that first!

Song Above is....She by Jake Scott (This song fits the end of the chapter)

PSA: there is a small mention of abuse towards the end of this. Nothing major or anything but just a small warning. 

Happy Reading!

"Trent." I groaned into the phone.

"I just want to have a friendly conversation with the guy." My brother said, trying to act innocent when I knew his intentions were anything but.

As soon as I got home from my shift at the bookstore Trent was calling me to continue our conversation earlier. I knew as soon as he heard Alex's voice through the phone he wasn't going to let it go. His protective older mode was in full effect, despite him being hundred of miles away. That is why I put off answering his calls until the next day.

"You're 'friendly' conversation will consist of you trying to run him off." I placed my phone between my ear and my shoulder as unlocked the front door and shut it behind me.

"I want to make sure the guy my little sister is hanging out with a good guy."

"He is Trent, you don't need to try and scare him off. Plus he isn't the only guy that I'm hanging out with." I didn't realize what I said until I heard my brother yell through the phone.

"What? You are hanging out with multiple guys?!"

I winced as he yelled, closing my eyes as I mentally yelled at myself for saying that. It did come out worse than it was though.

"They are my guy FRIENDS." I emphasized 'friends'. "They each have their own girlfriends." That was kinda a lie. Derek wasn't really with Olivia...yet. And Noah well I wasn't sure about Noah. But Trent didn't need to know that.

"They all have girlfriends?"

"Yes and we are also friends."

"Does this Allen guy have a girlfriend to?" I rolled my eyes at Trent purposely saying Alex's name wrong.

"No he doesn't." Trent mumbled over the phone about how he better not have one. He went on for a minute before I finally sighed. "Trent please."

"Ri, it's my duty as your older brother to look out for you even if I'm not there."

"I know."

"I didn't like that Mitch guy so I have to make sure about this one." His comment threw me for a second. I rarely talked about Mitch to Trent. Besides him being my brother I felt like I couldn't, especially after everything started going south.

"You didn't know Mitch..."

"Ri I may not be there but I still know what goes on in that town."

"What do you mean?" Did he know what Mitch did to me? My heart started to race in my chest a little bit. I didn't want Trent to know about that. It was my problem not his.

"I still have a few friends there and they know that Mitch is an asshole. Hell he was an asshole when I was there two years ago." Trent scoffed. I let out a breath hearing that he didn't know about the whole thing. I wasn't sure if I'd ever tell him anyways. "I'm just glad you guys weren't hanging out long."

When I did eventually tell Trent about Mitch I made it seem like we were partners in class and were only 'hanging' out a few times. He didn't need to know more than that. I don't even want to imagine what Trent would do if he found out. Trent may seem easy going but he had a pretty bad temper.