Chapter 10

[JULIAN]

I'm finally finished. I thought as I stared at the image of Zeus from my easel. My face softened in pure emotion. I could feel the paint dripping on me from my leaking paintbrush that was dangling between my fingers. I couldn't care less because Zeus was so gorgeous — so beautiful.

Zeus. I thought, smiling as I dropped the paintbrush on a nearby stool before proceeding to search for my phone in my pant pockets. I finally found it. I took a while just looking at the phone. It looked so fragile — so cute.

It reminded me of you.

My face warmed up when I remembered Zeus' text. We had been calling and texting each other for a week now. Zeus had eventually suggested we downloaded an app called 'WhatsApp' in other not to endanger our phone bills. I smiled at that. Things with Zeus were refreshingly comfortable, Understanding. It was as if we were slowly digesting the reality of our relationship. What is it exactly? I don't know but what I do know is I want it anyway, whatever it is.

I was thinking of you. the message said. I blinked as a blush started to color my cheeks. No matter how comfortable I was beginning to become with Zeus, I still had butterfly parties from things like this.

I was thinking of you too. I sent before I could think twice about it.

What about me were you thinking of? Zeus sent back. My face was becoming redder. How dare he declare me a pervert! Okay, he didn't say that, but still.

Things. I sent still blushing. I was thinking about a lot of things, lots of things — embarrassing things.

What type of things? Zeus sent and I groaned. Why in the world did he want to know?

You're so persistent! I sent back. My face is probably the shade of a tomato now.

Naughty things? Zeus sent, obviously ignoring my previous message.

Maybe. I replied, giving up. Zeus didn't reply immediately. The words 'typing' was written on the lower right side of the chatbox. I rolled my eyes. What in the world was he typing that was taking so long?

Me too...^_^ I'm glad you share my feelings if only a little. We have a match against each other next Friday don't be mad when I beat you, okay? Zeus finally sent. I rolled my eyes and chuckled. Yes, I chuckled. Zeus is making me do weird things.

Not just girly things. I thought as my face warmed up again. I could feel my lips quivering with embarrassment. I started shaking my head as I moved my shaky fingers over the screen of my phone. I will not let stupid thoughts of Zeus intimidate me.

How is Spots? I quickly typed and sent. I needed a topic that did not revolve around my 'thoughts.'

Okay, he's edgy about taking his new set of prescribed medicine but he'll pull through. Zeus sent after a while.

Hmm. I sent, not really knowing what to type.

You don't want this conversation, do you? Zeus sent. I smiled at that. Zeus knew me and I liked that.

Later then. Zeus sent.

Okay. I sent back before locking my phone. Putting it back into my pocket, I sighed in frustration. After a few minutes of putting finishing touches on the painting, I let out another sigh. It had been childish of me to think he'd text back. I shook my head blushing. I'd been doing that recently, blushing. I thought

Looking up at my easel again my face softened in compassion. Zeus really was beautiful. I don't know it was as if the word handsome didn't do him justice. I looked around the room wondering where in the world I was going to hide this painting before Linda saw it. She didn't come here much but there was a possibility.