Chapter 3 - Crush

Please don't forget to vote for your favourite chapters!! Also, I would really appreciate comments and feedback xx

Aiden and Sam eagerly dug into their food. A comfortable silence enabled by their years of friendship enveloped the kitchenas they ate

Once the pair had finished mopping up every morsel of food of their plates, they moved through to the lounge. Since all pack members were considered equal, the house had been designed so that each room was big enough to fit everyone. Although a small pack at only twenty-four members, this still meant that the lounge, kitchen and gym had to be enormous. Flinging herself onto one of the sofas, Sam looked around at the brightly coloured assortment of armchairs, beanbags and hammocks surrounding her, all arranged around a huge screen television. Aiden flopped himself down next to her.

"Where's the bloody remote?"

Sam pointed over to where it lay on a nearby coffee table. Aiden groaned before heaving himself up. Grabbing the remote he crashed back onto the sofa, choosing something random to watch.

Sam watched for a little before getting bored. Her eyes wandered, and she tried to keep her eyes on the furniture around her, yet they unwillingly ended up settling on their favourite target, Aiden. She was never very good at keeping her eyes off of him for long, mainly because he was so incredibly gorgeous. Also, she hated to admit it, but there was a tiny part of her that couldn't help but feel something for him. Although if asked, she wouldn't be able to explain exactly what she felt, all she knew was that whenever she was around him, she felt an intense happiness and sense of completeness.

He had the bubbliest personality of any wolf she'd ever met, and could make her laugh with a single look. He made her feel happy and free, she felt she could be herself around him. Not to mention he was gorgeous. At 6'4'' he easily towered over her. His green eyes seemed to constantly have a sparkle to them, and his intoxicating scent; vanilla with a hint of cinnamon, left people drooling. 

His defined jawline and five o'clock shadow gave him a hardened look, but his eyes and floppy hair contrasted that, highlighting the soft side that lived within the tough wolf.

Her eyes travelled down. His thin t-shirt clung to his skin, clearly outlining the defined muscles below. As he moved, his muscles seemed to ripple, his abs shifting with every breath. She seemed unable to tear her eyes away. His t-shirt rose slightly, giving Sam a perfect view of the tanned skin below, the top of his V-line slightly visible above his belt.

His melodic, penetrating voice pulls Sam out of her reverie.

"I can see you're incredibly invested in this film." His voice dripped with sarcasm, visibly holding back a laugh.

Sam moved her eyes up from his abdomen, aware of her flaming cheeks. "Well, it's not holding my interest," she pouted. 

"Oh so what is?"

"Oh you know," as she spoke her eyes roamed his face, resting on his chiselled jawline. As she realised she was staring, she drew her eyes away, quickly lowering them, only to find them looking at his lower abdomen again. "This and that." She finished. 

Aiden shifted slightly, re-adjusting himself.

"Oh, really?" He mocked, a flirtatious smile tugging at his lips. He leaned forward, moving toward her. Samswallowed, clearing her throat to speak. But before she could utter a word, hemoved further forward, holding himself up on his arms, angling his body so thatit was on top of Sam's but not quite touching. She yearned to move upwards, tocreate that connection that she so needed, but she knew she shouldn't.

Unlike his brother, Aiden wasn't one to flirt, and she knew that he would never be interested in her. She knew him well enough by now to know that he wanted to find his mate and wasn't prepared to date fleetingly. And although Sam felt very horny when she was around him, she knew that she wasn't prepared to find out if they were mates, and therefore nothing would ever happen between them. As much as she wanted him, she wasn't prepared to attend the mating season.

The mating season was the one time of year when a werewolf could find their true mate, it was in the middle of summer, when the moon was strongest and the influence of the moon goddess was at its peak. Sam had never attended the mating season, choosing to isolate for the entire period. She wasn't ready for a relationship, neither with her mate nor with anyone else. Her friendship with twins was the most valuable thing she had, and she wasn't prepared to throw it away, although sometimes her body still craved their touch, her heart desiring the close connection that an intimate relationship would allow. 

She had been resigned to it early on, knowing she didn't have a chance in hell of ever being anything more than a friend. And knowing that his friendship was more valuable than anything, she hadn't said anything about her attraction. About her inability to stop the quickening of her heart every time she saw him. About her constant desire to be held in those arms forever. He probably knew, I mean he's a bloody werewolf for creating out loud, if he couldn't read the sign he was an idiot. Yet she couldn't help herself when she was around him. 

"Hmmmhmm" she hummed.

"And what would those other things be?"

"Oh you know..." she trailed off.

"Not really" Aiden moved dangerously close, his forehead millimetres from her own.

Sam lifted an eyebrow, moving her forehead closer as if to initiate a kiss, then at the last second brushed past his cheek, placing her lips directly on his ear. 

"You, I was thinking of you" she admitted.

Aiden groaned, curling his hands around's Sam's waist as she spoke, her words like an enchantment to his ears. Her body fit into his perfectly, her short height of 5'2'' only adding to his sense of dominance over the lithe female below him.

His eyes snapped open, pupils fully dilated. "The things you do to me" he groaned. Breathing heavily, he struggled to reign himself back and not devour the gorgeous redhead below him. Yet he couldn't bring himself to move. He was conflicted, on one hand he wanted more than anything to be mated to Sam. He loved her so much it hurt. Sure he'd promised he would wait for his mate but surely someone he felt this strongly about outside of the mating season must be his mate? But on the other hand, the uncertainty stayed him, preventing him from going further as it always had. 

Realising how much she'd affected him, Sam let out a giggle, hoping to dissipate the tension. She knew that if anything happened, she would have to stop it, and really wasn't sure if she had that sort of self-control.

"Just kidding," she lied. "I was only thinking of the meeting later and what I should say"

Aiden swallowed, suddenly looking very uncomfortable.

"I need a shower" he mumbled before rushing off.

Sam groaned inwardly to herself. She shouldn't have done that, shouldn't have admitted what she was feeling. Yet in the moment she couldn't held herself. Probably something to do with the build-up to the mating season. Yes he may be waiting for his mate, but he was still a man, and teasing him would only result in one of them getting hurt. But by god, she couldn't help herself, and when Liam got here, that would just be double the trouble.