𝐒𝐈𝐗

CHAPTER SIX | KATERINA

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SINCE KLARA'S FATHER HAD BURNED HIMSELF ALIVE OUTSIDE, KLARA HADN'T REALLY SAID A WORD TO ANYONE. Understandably so, whatever relationship she had with her father, she didn't want him dead. She would never want him dead. She hated him, that was evident, but he was still her dad despite all his faults.

Klara walked out of the shower with a fluffy white towel covering her body as she towel-dried her wet blonde locks with another towel. From what she could hear, Elena had already made her way to school but she wasn't really feeling like going in herself so she made the choice to avoid the place at all costs.

"Hey, Klara so—" Stefan sauntered into the room without even noticing that his friend was standing in nothing but a towel. Once he knew, he immediately cleared his throat and turned his eyes away. "—Wow. Sorry, I thought you were dressed."

"There's this thing called knocking. You should try it." Klara remarked once she had moved over to the drawer which contained her shirts. "Sorry. I'm being snippy. What's up?"

"So the woman that kidnapped Elena, Rose, she's downstairs and willing to give us information on Klaus," Stefan explained. Klaus was the man that was after Elena, and Rose had kidnapped Elena to give her to Elijah, who was presumably working for Klaus. "She said she's got answers about—about your father."

"Okay." Was the first thing that Klara said after she pulled a cropped white t-shirt over her head. She grabbed a pair of light-wash ripped jeans and slipped them on, too. "If she's got answers I wanna know. I just wanna understand what happened to him because the last time that I saw him, he was human. Sure, he was a dick but he didn't deserve to become a vampire and then be used in whatever the hell crap is going on."

"Are you sure?" Stefan halted for a moment. He turned back around to see Klara dressed, though her hair was still lightly damp sitting on her shoulder. "—I just don't want to see you upset."

"I'd rather know. Because honestly, the not-knowing is worse." She shrugged. "Sure, I hated him for leaving me, and every day I wished that he would just feel an ounce of the pain that I felt. But, nobody deserves to suffer. I would never want that for anyone."  

Klara's compassion was the reason that she and Stefan got on so well. He loved that about her. The way that she was so warm and forgiving, even when people didn't deserve her forgiveness in the first place. She was compassionate to a fault and he adored it.

Once she and Stefan headed downstairs, Rose's eyes met Klara's with sympathy. The blonde then turned her head to Damon, who tilted his head when he noticed how numb she seemed. "So, this one tells me you've got answers to my questions?" Klara's eyes flickered between Stefan and Rose. "I'm ready to listen."