Forge me not//Chapter three

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. I honestly have no excuse except  for the fact that i have been having a long case of writers block. >.<

But as always thanks for reading ! Rate & Vote !

The next few weeks went by pretty well.

I found out that me and Jake actually had a lot in common. Like that we both liked art and played the guitar, though he was a lot better then me at guitar.

We had science together so we decided to be partners for the mid-term project. We started going to the library everyday after school. We never actually did any research though. Not that it was on purpose, we just would always get distracted and end up talking about our favorite movies, bands, or comic book heroes. (Yes i said comic book heroes:) Thankfully by the Thursday, three days before the project was do, we figured out our topic.

It was going to be a social experiment over the difference of how people are perceived based sol on looks. So yeah, it's safe to say that my days were going well. But my nights, not so much.  The nightmares  just kept getting worse as the weeks went on. At first it was just clips and scenes from my memories of That day. No matter where they started they would just end on me falling to the ground, stuck in an eternity of suspense, just waiting for the pain that never came. That's how the nightmares used to be. But now there completely cryptic, and even more terrifying then before.

I looked around the dark hallways of my school suspiciously. I looked into the dimly lit classrooms as i passed by, there was no one inside any of them. I continued to walk further down the winding halls of my school, a feeling of dread building in me with every step i took. I kept walking until i turned the corner where i knew the exit was. I stopped in my tracks. Instead of standing at the exit, i found my self in a massive maze of hallways an corridors. It was then i heard the echo of heavy footsteps coming from around the corner. By instinct i darted down one of the many branching hallways. I kept running until i found a abandoned classroom too hide in. I tip toed to the front of the class and hid under the teachers desk. My pulse quickened as i heard foot steps walk toward the room then stop. I sat as still as a statue until i heard the foot steps back up and walk  the other direction. I unconsciously let out a breath i hadn't realized I'd been holding. Not minutes after i did this i heard foot steps start back toward the classroom opening the door and being taking fast steps toward my hiding place. This was it...

I woke up to the smell of to the slight smell of lavender on my pillow. As if the nightmares weren't enough, this definitely wasn't helping. I got up from my bed an walked over to my cousin's bed across the room.

"Melissa." I shook her slightly trying to wake her up.

"Wha-ah!!!" Melissa screamed rolling off the bed in a panic.

"What?!  What is it?!" I screamed, starting to panic too.

She didn't answer. She silently reached for her glasses on top of her nightstand. Her face still buried in the carpet. She put her glasses on then rolled over looking up at me.

"Oh it's just you." She said non-chalantly.

"Uh who else would it be?"

"Well i don't know. I know your probably going to think I'm crazy but last night...Well from the last few nights I'vee felt like...Like there was someone in here at night...."

"Really..." I said shivering uncontrobly.

"Yeah kinda freaky huh? It's probably just because I've been watching so many scary movies lately."

"Yeah...That's probably it." I said walking out of the room and heading for the shower.

As i showered and got ready for school i couldn't help thinking about what Mellisa had said, and about the nightmares I've been having. I just had this really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Like there was something going on that was in front of my eyes, but too close for me to see the whole picture. I'd figure it out eventually. But for now, it was time for school.