4: The end of the peaceful world

Thomas/Stiles POV:

I went downstairs and heard the others arguing, probably about me. "When are we going?" I ask them. They all nearly jumped up because they didn't see me. Except Peter and Theo, they weren't surprised. I make a mental note to keep an eye on them.

"Ohh Stiles, we were going-" I interrupt Scott. "It's Thomas." I hiss frustrated. "Sorry, Thomas. We were going now. Where is Derek?" He apologises and asks. "Oh that guy, yeah I think he is coming." I say before leaving the room and going outside.

*** *** ***

Sheriff Stilinski POV:

"I'll stay here and make some food for when he comes back." I suggest.

They all agree with me, and at that moment Derek comes downstairs. "Where the hell have you been?" Malia asks very annoyed. "Warning. Don't do a thing to surprise Stiles. He punches hard." He says, pain written all over his face. We all look very surprised. "He punched you?" Isaac asks. "Yeah I was just standing there and watching when he punched me!" Derek huffs, clearly annoyed with the situation.

Peter chuckles. "Oh I wish I could have filmed that. Skinny, defenceless Stiles who punches Derek. Best day of the year." He says before going outside as well.

Soon everyone follows him and we are all standing outside. "I'll wait here for you and when you come back I'll make sure you have some good food." I say to my son. Trying to win his trust a bit. He just nods in response. "Okay than we go to Deaton." Scott says before he jumps in the car.

*** *** ***

Thomas/Stiles POV:

"Deaton is a vet?" I ask very surprised. "And he wants the remove the wise? Good luck with that." I say annoyed, every person in this town is crazy. Even more crazy than a crank past the gone.

I think of Newt's last moments and a shiver goes through my spine when I think of it. I quickly push the thoughts away and walk inside. A man comes to us and I immediately recognise him.

"You!" I spat in his face. Everyone else is clearly confused that I know him. "Welcome home Thomas, I never thought I would see you again." He says in his calm voice. "And I wished I never had to see you again!" I his at him.

"You know him?" Scott asks surprised. "HE IS ONE OF THEM!" I yell at no one in particularly. "Weren't you too, Thomas?" He asks me. I clench my fists. I went quiet for a moment trying to come up with a payback, but my mind was blank.

"Will you follow me to my office where we can have a proper talk?" He asks me. I huff but follow him anyway. The others come with me too. "Why are the windows covered and why is there a lot of food?" Isaac asks surprised when he comes into his office.

"See, WICKED wasn't that bad. They prepared you for the real game." Deaton says calm. "What do you mean?" I nearly yell at Deaton. "1 minute and 37 seconds until the sun flares hit the earth." He says looking straight into my eyes. I flinch back. "WHAT?!" I was yelling now. Full of anger and fear. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ANYONE?!"

"They wouldn't have believed me." Deaton says, still way too calm for the situation. "No, not everyone. But at least a few would. And you could have saved those few." I spat at him. "Maybe." He answers. "But could I risk that?"

"Is the Flare real?" I ask, hoping he would say no. "Yes, when the sun flares will hit the earth it will burn people and animals. The Flare original effects the animals. But when a person eats from an infected animal than you know what happens. And we both know that is going to happen." He says while looking at his watch. "11 seconds." He says calm.