Chapter forty four

I woke up feeling nauseous. I ran to the bathroom and dropped on my knees to hurl in the toilet. To my relief, I felt a hand pull my hair up and rub my back gently.

"There, there. It'll be over soon."

After I finished hurling, Evan passed me a towel.

"How far are you?" He asked as I wiped my mouth.

"Nine weeks." I mumbled.

"Oh. Okay." He said. "Freshen up and join me for breakfast."

I felt tired and sleepy. I was suffering from jet lag and my hormones didn't help me a lot in this condition, but I knew that I had to eat something so I simply nodded in response. I took a quick shower and wore one of Evan's shirts. I am just wearing it and not smelling it. Not smelling it at all. That's it. Nothing else. It doesn't smell like detergent and Evan. It doesn't.

Surprised, I took a step back when I saw the surroundings. Wow. It's all clean. All the books and magazines which were lying on the floor and on the table last night are all gone. The floor is actually shining, the couch is dusted off and arranged neatly.

Even the rat's cage is clean.

"Did you sleep last night?" I asked, taking a seat.

These are just basic questions one must ask when you wake up. This is just not keeping any questions settled in my mind. It actually kind of helps too.

"Yeah, I did." He placed two glasses of orange juice in front of me.

"The place looks good."

"Thank you." Then he kept two plates of pancakes in front of me and then he placed two plates of bacon, two plates of sandwiches, two plates of cupcakes and two plates of fruits in front of me.

Evan took a seat in front of me with a plate of pancakes and dug in.

I frowned. "Evan?" He hummed in response. "Why did you give me two plates of everything? Isn't one of them yours?"

"No." He deadpanned. "It's for you and my little muffin."

I am absolutely ignoring the new name he made up. "I'm not eating this much."

"I know."

My lips twisted. "Then why did you give me double of everything?"

He shrugged. "For my muffin to eat."

I gritted my teeth. "Evan, you do know that what I eat is the same thing the baby eats because it's in me?"

"Yup."

"Then I am eating one plate of everything."

"I know." He took a bite of his pancake. "You'll eat the first plate for my muffin and the second for yourself."

My jaw dropped on the floor and Monsieur Philip went inside my mouth.

I seriously need to stop making this bad joke. It's like holding a grudge against the rat.

I took a deep breath to calm myself and smiled sickly sweetly at him. "Evan, you do understand what I am trying to say, right?"

"Hmm."

"One plate of five different items is enough for both of us." I put the stress on the word 'enough'.

He smirked. "Cupcake, eat or else I'll feed you. Do you want me to feed you?"

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. I'll eat as much as I can."

Somehow, my mind jumped back to that awkward silence breakfast I used to have with him for weeks, then my mind snapped out of my reverie when I heard a sigh escape from his lips. Silently, I took a piece of bacon and started chewing it.