sieben­und­zwanzig.

THE NEXT NIGHT, eren and mikasa chose to stay back. they reasoned that it would be the last time they'd leave the walls; the brunett argued that he felt his soul leave his body when they chose to do so, in fear of someone seeing them escape or their parents catching them awake at night. they left the whole leaving the walls as armin's thing as he got so used to it that a he barely gets scared or guilty. mikasa, however, threatened the blond that when someone catches him she'd be the one who's going to kill him. the two also had no reason to get out to the other side anymore, considering that they already embarrassed armin enough and scared his human girlfriend (which they were a bit proud of). but the siblings made sure to let him know that he could tell them any problems if he encountered one with her.

     armin was truly thankful for the kindness his close friends were showing but he knew that his time would y/n will be meaningful and she wouldn't do anything that would cause him death or pain, even if they think so otherwise.

     the blond laid his back on the sand, frowning when clouds filled the night sky. not an ounce of stars were present in the night sky and the waxing crescent was hidden by the clouds, giving little light. he fluttered his eyes shut, listening to the gentle whistle of the waves. he always liked the small amount of 'me-time' whenever he waits for the h/c-haired, it made him appreciate the beauty of the human world.

     suddenly, he heard soft crunches of sand behind him. he whipped his head to face whoever it was, knowing that a certain h/c-haired would often scare him to death whenever she sneaks up on him. as he thought, it was indeed y/n who was ready to pounce on him and scare him to death.

     sapphire eyes narrowed at her stance and y/n could only laugh awkwardly when he caught her red-handed. y/n sat beside him after pressing a shy kiss on his cheeks, causing the blond to blush and stutter out his usual greeting. it's been two days since that fated confession and armin still wasn't used to the displays of affection. sure, he'd hug her every now and then but that was mostly it. he often does things like a small kiss whenever he gets into his emotions, like the time they confessed or when he comforted her about that sudden news that he might die, but that wasn't always the case. y/n, on the other hand, was in her first relationship and after reading so many romance novels, she wanted to show her affection to the person she loves without having to control herself or hide it. she'd often feel embarrassed or shy but seeing armin's face lighting up every time she does something would wash away her worries and that was enough for her to show the blond her love.

     y/n rummaged through her bag, squinting as she looked for the book she borrowed from zeke days ago. the lack of moonlight and stars gave the h/c-haired a hard time looking for the said book but luckily, she found it soon after. armin watched her with a soft smile decorating his face and his heart would leap whenever he saw her face scrunch up or her tongue poking out of her lips. 

     "can i have a hug?" armin suddenly asked, surprising the h/c-haired. he was blushing lightly and looking down on his lap, his face hidden by his blond locks. he just missed her and wanted to touch her and feel her warmth. y/n laughed before pulling him in a tight hug and the latter immediately returned the action, nuzzling his face on her shoulder. "you smell really nice." he mumbled, a scent he never smelled before filling his senses. 

     y/n giggled and ran a gentle hand through his locks, "thank you. now shoo," she grinned as she pulled away from his arms while he pouts, "you have a story to read to me." 

     the h/c-haired gave the blond the book to which he took carefully. y/n grabbed her phone from her pocket and turned on the light, flashing it on the book where he could read the title. y/n laid her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes as she listened to his breathing. he turned the cover to the back, reading the summary before nodding to himself.