13

"I thought I lost you." Jungkook said, sniffing. I coughed a bit. He came to his senses and let go. After the hug and him calmed down completly, he decided to tell me his reasoning for panicking out.

Apparently, our baby kook thought there were no one in the home. After calling me out couple of times he could not find me. He tried to open the door but it was locked. He got scared and cried thinking someone must have kidnapped me.

Boi, i-

After making him calm and telling him about my encounter with the hoodie guy he smiled like an idiot.

He asked me about the kitten and I told him about it and how sad and lonely the kitten looked. He showed sympathy. After everything, I cooked him breakfast and ate a simple granola bar and went upstairs for a shower.

"I am bored." I said. Jungkook looked at me and smiled softly. This boy is so precious and reserved. But I wonder what he thinks to himself since he barely talks. Wait no, he doesn't even whimpers.

"Oh, Let's go to netflix and chill!" I said remembering last night. Trying to get rid of my thoughts.

He stood up. I got confused. He looked back at me looking expectant.

"What? Where are you going?" I asked him.

"You said let's go to netflix." he said confused.

At that moment I burst laughing.

"So..oblivious...haha..I can't breath." I said between my laughter. His cheeks turned red in embarassment.

After awhile we finally tuned off the television. Exhausted from sitting too long and straining eyes, Both of us stretched.

"Okay. So, I have work tomorrow after 8 am, And your school starts before it. So, I am going to be with you in the school for important matters. And after your school ends, my driver will pick you up. Will you be ok?" I finished explaining and asked him. He focused on my words in a gentle manner and nodded at my words.

"If anybody asks you about your hometown, what are you going to say?" I asked him. He stiffened. After a while closing our eye contact he answered me, "I-I...I don't know. I don't remember, I'm sorry?" He answered.

I sighed at him, sternly looking at him. Then closing my eyes, I faced the ceiling. Sudden headache forming.

"If you stutter like that and get nervous, You are gonna get bullied." I spoke in a warm tone, my voice becoming deeper every second.

"Then what should I do?" he asked me. I faced towards him and said, "Say you are from Busan. You recently moved in and you have temporary amnesia." I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Is it true? Do I have amnesia?" He asked. I shake my head in reply. "It is just a straight explanation. You don't have to lie and don't have to be descriptive. Just be yourself."

He smiled at my words. I smiled back.

After dropping Jungkook off, I sighed.

"Ah! Bae Jieon is in our school!! What is she doing here? Oh my-who is that? He is hot." I heard some girls fangirling at the both of us.

Speaking of us. Both Jungkook and I decided we'd keep low profile. I explained how it would be bad for him if he was too much quiet. So, basically I influenced him to get away from his shy self and act like a normal person.

I wonder what phase did Jungkook went before the accident.

This school has so many memories. I see each and every corner and start to remember my school incidents.

As I walked by, I saw some boys sitting together, laughing at something. Probably delinquents. Some of them had violated their school dress codes and some had their hair dyed.

What a generation.

As I walked by, some of the boys looked at us. Jungkook kept looking forward, seeing him ignore others, i did the same.

When we went to the teachers room everyone saw us. Every teacher and some student council members gaped at our views. Now that I notice, Jungkook is quite goodlooking and attractive.

So, Some young female teachers were attracted by him. What a scene!

Soon, I found some old teachers I had and greeted them. They were beyond happy and surprised seeing me in front of their eyes.

All the teachers were present. The math teacher who used to hate me because I never tried enough and quit halfway through. The science teacher who was impressed at my absurd questions. The English teacher who loved me because of my fluent English. The literature teacher who adored me and my self written poems.

Everyone whom I once saw on daily-basis, were now a distant memory. Everyone who made our youth so different, so hard and so beautiful. So meaningful.

It made me so happy.

"So, our Jieon is now an international sensation." My previous math teacher told me, ruffling my hair, smiling warmly.

"Never have I ever thought I would brag to people that you were my student once." Chuckling, my literature teacher told me.

Everyone had the same smile but more warm and genuine. It was as if they have seen their child who was abroad for so many years and has returned to them.

Yes, I was a child to them. 20, but still a child.

Again, I felt a feeling I never had. A feeling when a child returns to their parents. A precious feeling.

"So, you are now his guardian?" The head teacher asked me, slightly settling his spectacles.

"Yes, I am for the time-being." I said. Our principal or the head teacher was a very normal person. He had the cool persona. He was funny sometimes. His smile was genuine and warm. He had his wrinkles and grey white hair.

"We need to test his Intelligence quotient to see if he is elligible for his class. Since, he has a temporary amnesia." He said searching for a particular paper. I nodded at his words.

"Sure, sir." I replied. He found the sheet and looked to verify whether it was the actual paper or not.

"So, here it is. I would like Jungkook to answer these. After you are finished give me back so I could check. And for the meantime," He said looking at me.

"Jieon, I would like to talk to you about some thing." He said sternly looking at me.

I gulped silently.