Chapter XIII - Within Our Grasp

Start from the beginning

It was the spitting image of V.

"Uh, wh-who's that?" Dahyun asked in an attempt to subtly justify her shocked expression. She cleared her throat. "Looks like a lovers quarrel."

Yoongi sighed. "That would be Mr. Kim Taehyung, my head of security, and his wife, Lee Jieun. There have been rumors of affairs but no one knows for certain. Anywho, that last guy over there..."

Dahyun had stopped listening almost immediately as she observed Taehyung being dragged away by Jieun. The thought of being caught engulfed her mind. What would happen if she got caught? How bad would the fallout be? What would Y/N think if she messed up? Would he come to help her?

"Hey! Yoojin?" Yoongi waved his hand in front of her face. "You zoned out..."

Dahyun blinked for a second and rubbed her eyes. "I'm fine," she said. "Just a little curious about the drama revolving around Taehyung."

Yoongi dismissed it with an exaggerated wave of his hand. "He'll be fine. They'll probably bounce back in a couple of hours. But enough about YGM, how about you? What do you do?"

Dahyun was stunned. She had forgotten to prepare a backstory for the event in case someone asked.

It couldn't hurt to sprinkle a little truth in the lies, she thought.

"I'm a magician," she said. "Hobby-turned-profession. I specialize in coin sleight-of-hand but in the troupe I've been performing with lately, I've been assigned the role of 'the Seer' so I've been mainly focused on readings and divinations through psychic means."

Yoongi modded, face stretched with interest.

"'The Seer'?" He asked questionably. "So like a soothsayer?"

"Yes, for the most part, I've mimic psychics in their supernatural abilities to see the past, present, and future of people through palm readings, tarot cards, et cetera."

"Can you do one for me now?" Yoongi inquired. "If you can, that is?"

Dahyun smirked at Yoongi's somewhat condescending tone. Of course, she was up for the challenge.

"What kind of psychic would I be if I couldn't read your palms?"

Dahyun gently grabbed his right hand by the wrist and turned it palm up. She grasped his fingers and pressed them together. Earth hands. Maybe a touch of fire. "Right-handed, right?"

Yoongi nodded with a slightly shocked look on his face.

"Don't be surprised," said Dahyun. "Statistically, there's just more right-handed people than left-handed people in the world."

Her two hands spread open his right hand, the creases in his hand slowly unraveling themselves. Her left hand grasped his right thumb and pulled it away from his palm as her left hand spread his fingers open.

Short fingers. Broad palms. Probably Earth with a mix of Fire.

"You're a very straight-forward, logical person," began Dahyun. "All about tradition and you're very down-to-earth. You see life in a very practical manner, not like a daydreamer, which makes you the sort of person who, in the nicest way possible, gets what they want."

Yoongi smirked.

"This tends to result in a rather stable and secure individual but then comes this issue with immediate realities. They tend to get in the way of long-term planning or goals, which in foresight, is not very advantageous to most of your plans. There is also a hint of strong energy, charisma, and confidence, probably resulting in the personality type of a natural-born leader, a risk-taker, driven by a strong desire. Does this make sense to you?"