Lonely Valentine

Ahhh! Valentine's day. The one day of the year where everyone is so head over heels in love with everyone. Even the couples that just recently started dating, they are even showering each in affection. Public PDA everywhere and you could just throw up from the amount of couples in love. If only you could scream and yell at every couple and not look crazy, you probably would.

You hate the fact everyone is all crazy for it. Showering the other in gifts when they could do it so very often without some stupid holiday thing.

Fuck Valentine's Day. Seriously.

It's practically smothering you and all you wanna do is curl into bed after grabbing a bottle of wine, some stupid horror flick, some candy of your own, and just avoid the different things that could even ruin this day anymore for you.

You know you are probably being bitter, but oh well. You just hate valentine's day. Always had if you are being honest. Doesn't matter if you had someone with you or not. You hated it.
You shouldn't need a day that's some money pulling day to show love to someone. Ugh.

Setting the bottle of the wine and candy on the counter, you shuffle as you reach into the back of your jeans and hand your ID to the cashier. You want out of this store, seriously. You can feel the eyes on you, it's pretty clear the look of annoyance is on your face.

You would wipe it off you could. You really would. How many times can you express you hate this day with a passion? Honestly.

The cashier flashes a smile and hands the ID back, ringing up the items and placing them in the bag. Handing the card to her, you watch as she swipes the card and hands you the keypad to let you enter the passcode. Typing it as fast as you can, you let out a breath of relief when she hands the card and the bags to you.
Least you could do is say a thank you when you grab the bag.

Muttering the words, you are out of the store as fast as you went in completely avoiding any couples that pass by. You really don't wanna deal with this. Not today. Setting the bags in the passenger seat, you look towards the bottle and smirk a little.

"Crazy turn of events. Guess you are my fucking valentine tonight."

Starting the car up, you head to the nearest movie rental place to find some horror movies. Nothing like some gore and guts to rid of the horrid awful day. Whatever, you guess.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

You lost track of the movie. All you know is you should have got a couple wine bottles and boxes of the candy. The bottle is half gone and you are probably way too drunk now to even be awake. Yet you are. What time is it anyway? You should probably check your phone. Shifting to sit up, you reach towards the table. Sighing when it's not there on the coffee table. Where the fuck is your phone? What the fuck did you do with it?

The doorbell rings as you get up off the couch, finally finding the phone but finding it's dead. You don't remember it being dark though. It was daylight just a few hours ago or at least last you looked. Fuck.

Going to the door, you swing it open fully prepared to give whoever it was a tongue lashing. You wanna be miserable in peace. You don't want to deal with the lovey dovey shit. As soon as the door swings open, you see Ricky standing there. Bags of food in his hands, or at least it smells like it.

Or you are way too drunk for the most part and you really want to eat. He chuckles as he finds your eyes seeing them glazed over and dilated. Welp, he figured you would be drinking. He was spot on the guess. Good thing he grabbed your favorite food.

"You are so fucking lucky you have food. I would've slammed the door in your face if you hadn't."

He smiles, "Good thing then."