29. Muzan Kibutsuji- God

(Requested)

__

"Don't you understand? I'm a god among the slums and swells." 

My knees buckled and my face paled as I felt a cold finger trace along my jaw. Tsukihiko's other hand held my face as his eyes flashed in amusement. A slow and eerie chortle managed to claw its way out of his throat as his pupils turned into slits. I gasped at the transformation, knowing that this man wasn't the fiance I loved for such a long time. He wasn't the Tsukihiko I fell for.

Hot tears streaked down the sides of my face, staining the ground with the traces of betrayal and confusion. I wasn't scared of him, but I feared for my own vulnerability that was about to be exploited. The ravenette's sharp nails dug into my soft cheeks, leaving small red welts in their wake. Tsukihiko eventually punctured my skin, drawing dots of red blood. 

My insides churned as he smelled the air and laughed joyously, his irises flashing with hunger. I just hopelessly looked on at my ex-fiance's features and cried. With a trembling body, I desperately attempted to pry his hands off of me, but they didn't move a single inch. It was like having your head in a metal bear trap. His grip was unrelenting and unbearably strong -- I could only pray that he didn't go for my neck next.

Go ahead, I wanted to say, Just kill me. But I knew just disposing of me wouldn't be enough for this sick man. I whimpered as he leaned in closer to lap at the blood slowly descending down my neck, licking a thin strip all the way up to the puncture wounds. He laughed again as I stifled another sob. 

"I didn't know a lowly human could make me feel this... alive," Tsukihiko mused, curiously tapping an index finger against my head, "You know, I might just let you go." After he said that, I felt his grip loosen. My immediate instinct was to run and call for help, but somewhere deep inside me, I knew that it wasn't a good choice. He'd catch me as soon as I darted out the door. This was a test of survival, and I was determined to win it. 

When I made no action to escape, the ravenette hummed and slid his hand down to grip my shoulder. I could only watch and oblige as he pressed his lips to my forehead, smoothing his hands over my skin. 

"You've always been the smart one, dearest (Y/N)." As the dappled moonlight reflected against his pale complexion, my vision blurred with new tears. The figure in front of me smiled and wiped them away with his thumb, almost convincing me that he still cared. I wanted to hold his hand and press my cheek against his palm, or do anything to ease the turmoil that boiled within my heart.

During nights like these, we'd go on walks and love each other under the full, bright moon. I could go on and on about the times where I felt complete with him. In the spring, we'd sit under the flowered trees and pick out lovely constellations in the night sky. My gaze fell when I remembered the time he tucked one of the blossoms behind my ear and whispered sweet nothings to me all night long.

I finally lifted my glossy irises up to meet my lover's stare and I found that he was already reaching for me. A cold finger placed itself under my chin and a strong arm took me by the waist.

Tsukihiko tilted my head upwards and kissed me. 

As if it was instinctual, I wrapped my arms around his neck and tangled my hands into his hair. Though my mind screamed at me to stop, I couldn't help but still fall back into him. The ravenette's white hat tumbled off of his head, releasing his locks to blow in the light breeze that flew past us. 

I could still recall the metallic flavor that lingered on his tongue and lips. Not in my wildest dreams would I proclaim it was good, but then again, we had different tastes. Tsukihiko's tongue slipped into my mouth as he deepened the embrace. Letting out a slight gasp as I felt his free hand grip onto my hip, I went along with his lead.

If I knew this was wrong, why was I doing it? Why did his touch have to be so intoxicating? 

"Tsukihiko-" I mumbled, a hint of heartbreak behind every syllable, "Tsukihiko-" Breaking the kiss with a sob, I turned my head away and covered my mouth with a palm. My lover sighed and simply waited while running his hands up and down my sides. The tears wouldn't stop flowing as my chest ached, my lungs feeling as if they were about to collapse. 

Muzan Kibutsuji.

The name rang in my head like a bad omen. Stopping my tantrum from sheer surprise, I whirled around again only to have my head pressed against the ravenette's chest. Giving a small sniff, I hugged his body as hard as I possibly could, knowing that deep down inside I was scared that he might leave if I relented. 

He was warm. His body seemed to give off the perfect amount of heat to keep me satiated. It was horrible to know that I didn't truly want our relationship to shatter, even though I now knew he wasn't at all my Tsukihiko. 

His name was Muzan Kibutsuji, and he was a demon.

He'd killed thousands and yet here I was, still willing to ignore that fact and care for him like some idiot. In this situation, who really was better? Me, the person who'd love this psycho, or him, the psycho? I wondered about what he might do after tonight. He could do anything -- kill me, keep me, or even invest in me as a personal blood bank. I didn't know what kind of person he really was -- I thought I did, but that realization was deathly wrong. 

The thought of it made my head swirl and my stomach churn. My fingers curled around the silken fabric of Muzan's jacket, tugging at the article. With furrowed eyebrows, my cries eventually ceased and all that was left was the silence of the night. 

The cicadas buzzed on the dogwood trees and the distant echo of the market seemed to jeer at me from miles away. The ringing of laughter haunted my memories and left me speechless.

I knew that even if it had been my greatest hope and dream, the possibility of him feeling some sort of compassion for me couldn't become a reality. He wasn't capable of feeling anything at all, is what my guess was. I just embraced him like I always did, and prayed that if nothing changed -- if I cared for him and loved him and hugged him like I always did -- then I could be happy. 

I was scared.

I was scared of letting go.

Because I found salvation in my god's hands.