ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 23

AS SOON AS SHE LEFT Mystic Falls, Katherine drove the car to New York. She stayed there for two days. Settled a few of canon Katherine's bank accounts. Did a few investments in companies she knew were going to be a success from her timeline. She then met with the private investigators she hired and settled their bills. Mostly because she was feeling generous, and was in a celebration mood. She took the phone number of Hayley Marshall from one investigator and then compelled him to forget about anything unusual he saw during his investigation.

The vampire also compelled the investigator on Nadia's case to forget about it. As she had a few other ideas on how to find the canon's daughter. The body hijacker went back to Richmond after finding info on Slater's house from Rose. Slater was a vampire who had contacts to find other vampires. Even if there wasn't much about Nadia in his data, he was bound to know someone who has. The doppelganger took a few contacts from Slater's computer and went on her way for the next destination.

Her next destination being, Hawaii. Catherine spent her first month of freedom in the warm sun of Maui beach, drinking margaritas, and taking golf courses. She enjoyed the late-night parties and the spas, burning the money of canon Katherine. However, after a month of learning how to mix the cocktails from the cute bartender, Sebastian, Katherine took a flight to Greece to complete some unfinished work.

★ ➷ 。• ☆

"If it wasn't for your call, I would have honestly thought you died in some ditch," The white-haired Greek witch said, pouring a drink for both of us.

"I told you, I was kidnapped by an Original Hybrid," I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"Still can't believe the kid became a hybrid," the witch muttered.

"He is a thousand-year-old vampire, Melantha. Not your grandson," I reminded the drunk old woman.

"Still looks younger than me," the witch said, shrugging her shoulders. And I just threw my hands in the air at the answer.

"Okay, I think you had enough," I said, grabbing the bottle of wine from her.

"It was just two glasses," the old lady huffed.

"Yes," I said as a matter of fact. "Your point?"

"Fine," She said, taking the bottle from me and putting it in the racks. "You got it for me, so I am just gonna keep it and finish it some other day."

"Now, let's get you to bed," I muttered, looking at her. She honestly acted like my dead grams. So much that, it got real creepy, really quick.

"It's my house, young lady. I get to make the rules," She said.

"And, I am a 19-year-old girl, stuck in a 500-year-old vampire's body," I said, pushing her gently to her bedroom. "So, I don't care."

"Whatever," she huffed and slept, murmuring in Greece. I could make out a few words, and most of them were gibberish. She was probably cursing me, or herself, for inviting me inside. I covered her with a blanket and left the place, locking it behind me.