28. Giyuu Tomioka- Across

(Requested)

olympics au

__

He was amazing. So incredibly amazing. Every single movement of his captivated me beyond human comprehension. My fingers would tremble at the sheer power he held in his arms, knowing that if I even touched the ball he hit, my hand would be blown away like fragile leaves in the wind. I just watched from the backroom as he set again and again, perfectly, like some god. 

I admired him for doing so well. Giyuu never ceased to surprise me with his technique and skill, his body flowing in harmony with his mind, like a steady spout of water. The sight quenched my thirst for action, the draining feeling replaced by a wave of adrenaline. It would get my legs bouncing and my soul yearning for his attention. He inspired me to do well in every event I competed in.

Perhaps it was a bit selfish of me to view him in that manner. It made me wonder if I really liked him or not. But whenever I saw a magazine cover with his face on it, my eyes wandered to the skin-tight shirt he wore that pronounced his muscles even further. A grin and a blush would dance upon my features as I laughed like a child, satisfied with the evidence that proved that I really did have feelings.

A small timer went off in the midst of all my thinking, signaling that I should start heading towards the court. I knew that volleyball was over, and hoped that Giyuu would watch me as I fought my way to the top. Brandishing a racket, I took a deep breath in and shook my head, trying to let all the nerves out.

Now wasn't the time to be anxious. I had a match to win.

Emerging from the lion's den, I heard the roar of the crowd as the announcer called for me. 

"And here comes (Y/N) (L/N), representing Team Japan! They barely slipped up their chance for gold last year, which unfortunately resulted in a broken ankle, but everyone has high hopes for this year's Olympic games!" Waving at the crowd, I smiled as I saw my family seated in the first row, yelling as hard as they could for me.

I'm not going to mess up this time.

__

"Giyuu, what are you watching?" A curious brunette peered over his teammate's shoulder, eyes slyly glancing at the livestream playing on the setter's phone. Tanjiro smiled and chuckled, lightly socking Giyuu's arm, to which the ravenette protested against by swatting at the red-eyed middle-blocker.

"(L/N) again, huh? What, I thought you liked volleyball, not tennis," Kamado teased, coyly pointing at his friend, "You've been obsessed with them ever since you saw them at the Australian Open." Giyuu sighed and shot his friend a dirty look, but immediately went back to staring at the small phone screen.

He couldn't really argue, since Tanjiro was correct. As much as he hated being teased, the ravenette found a soft spot in his heart for the tennis player. In a way, he looked up to them. (Y/N) had a perseverance that few athletes managed to obtain, and the level of skill they possessed was undoubtedly polished to the extreme. As Japan's pride and joy, he really didn't expect anything less.

What made his interest in them spike even higher was the morality and humbleness that (Y/N) seemed to uphold themselves with. No matter what, they always managed to be so selfless, even when flocks of paparazzi would bombard them with undying praise and compliments. They'd just smile and laugh, thanking the admirers, never letting their words get to their head. 

Giyuu's eyes were blown wide while watching (L/N) move across the tennis court. They jumped at every single ball return, all the while never being deprived of energy. Their stamina was endless when they played -- the rush of the game the only thing cramming its way into their mind. Tomioka knew that feeling all too well.