#4 Puppy *Calum Hood*

Jumping up on one of the many counters situated in the kitchen, you let out a small huff and crossed your arms as you alternated between glaring at the pasta you had prepared for Calum nearly an hour ago and the door.

You had thought up the idea to come home from work early and prepare his favorite meal in the world, but it seemed that his songwriting session had stretched far longer than it usually did. You couldn't help but feel a bit sour as you glared at the noodles which you had thrown back in some water and put on the stove at it's lowest setting so that they could keep warm. The sauce you had made was simmering next to the noodles. Your stomach rumbled as you stared at the food, and you were just about to fix yourself a plate of noodles when you heard a sharp rap at the front door.

Throwing up a neutral expression, you walked to the door and opened it, seeing the tardy boy that was also your boyfriend, Calum Hood. You felt your anger dissipate as your eyes scanned his body, a hearty laugh escaping your lips when you realized that he was sopping wet with little droplets of water still dripping off the ends of his mussed hair.

"Calum, why are you soaked?" you asked between giggles.

As he thought of what to say, you noticed that he was holding his jacket over himself in a very odd way, almost as if he was hiding something. Deciding it best not to interrupt his thinking, you held your tongue and waited for his answer.

Just as he opened his mouth, his jacket moved in an odd way and then two small, weak barks came from under his jacket.

"Calum? Are you hiding a dog in there?" You asked with an eyebrow raised and a small smile on your lips.

His cheeks flushed bright red and a sheepish smile slipped onto his face as a tiny German Shepherd pup, soaked to the brim, poked its head out of the jacket. Its eyes were wide, round and chocolate brown, reminding you of a certain special kiwi. Like they always say, a dog always looks like its owner.

"I was walking home per usual when I passed that lake that's right down the street. I heard this scared yelping noise and splashing and when I looked over, this little guy was practically drowning! I couldn't just leave him there so I did the first thing I could think of. I jumped in and rescued him. Thank god he hadn't swallowed any water 'cause then I wouldn't have known what to do. Anyways, saving a dog kinda makes you really attached to them and me and this buddy right here bonded on the way back, so what I'm trying to say is... we're keeping him and there's nothing you can do about it," Calum rambled.

Your eyebrows shot up at his last sentence, but when you met his eyes you could tell that he was kidding... you think.

"I'm just joking babe, but seriously, we gotta keep him. Look at how adorable he is. Please let him stay," he begged as he pulled his best puppy dog eyes.

You swore as you looked from Calum to the puppy that they had the same exact expression on their face.

Your heart melted when the dog made a small, pitiful whimpering sound, and you knew you couldn't say no.

"Of course Calum, we can keep him," You said with a small smile on your face.

Calum immediately lit up and the puppy followed suit, letting out a couple happy barks, "Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!"

Calum put the dog down, which ran inside excitedly, and wrapped his arms around you, his squishy cheeks pressing against your own. He placed a swift kiss on your lips and mumbled another thank you before saying, "I wanna name him Chewbacca. He looks like a Chewbacca."

You laughed and nodded your head in agreement, looking at the small dog with its curly hair which was so hard to find with German Shepherds, "We can call him Chewy for short."

Calum broke into a large smile in response and grabbed your hand before walking inside and shutting the door behind him.

Suddenly, the perfect way to tease Calum popped in your head and a devilish smile spread on your lips, "My puppy saved a puppy."

He immediately stopped walking and turned to look at you with a crimson blush on his chubby cheeks, "I am not a puppy."

"Are too."

"Are not."

"Are too."

"Are not."

"Are too!"

As the both of you stubbornly kept on, Calum finally crossed his arms over his chest, slumped his shoulders, jutted his bottom lip out, and his puppy eyes began to look overcast. He stormed over to your bedroom and closed the door.

Shrugging indifferently, you walked up to Chewy and pet him fondly, being sure to speak extra loud so Calum could hear, "Calum's mad because he's a puppy like you and doesn't want to admit. It's too bad really... I guess since he won't leave the room, you'll have to help me eat all the pasta I made," you sighed, "That's too bad... it's his favorite too."

As you spoke to Chewy, you felt a victorious smirk slip onto your lips as the door opened and Calum's excited and sheepish head poked out from behind it, not unlike the way Chewy's head poked out from Calum's jacket earlier.

With a soft smile on his lips, his eyes were open wide as he asked with water droplets still dripping from his hair, "Did you say pasta?"