He looked at his right and then left. Then nodded, keeping his book aside-- I guess for the first time since I'd seen him.

He had mocha skin and green eyes. His hair were light brown and curly. Since I'd seen him his glasses had never left his nose. He was dressed in light blue star wars hoodie and dark jeans.

"So... how's school?" Seriously?! I wanted to ask about what's up with Cass but, I couldn't.

"It's good. I've learnt too many amazing things."

That was a first.

I smiled and took another bite.

"You play soccer and you got hurt last time." He stated and I nodded.

When I raised a brow, he enlightened, "Cass told me. She cares about you. She told me you're an arrogant jerk and one other name I wasn't allowed to know." Asshole. For sure.

I laughed. So she cared about me. It brought stupid fuzzy feelings in me!

Trying to be cool about this, I casually asked, "What more has she told you?"

"That she's not going to celebrate her birthday this year." Her birthday?

"When's that?" Was I being nosy?

God no!

He faced me head on, "Tomorrow. She loves blueberry cakes and cars and fighting with you." My heart was pounded hard against my chest.

"Fighting with me?"

"Yeah. You guys fight a lot. And I saw the bruise on Alden's knuckles matching it with the swelling on your face. You two fight a lot too. Do you fight with everyone?" Was he curious or he just called me an asshole without using the word.

He smirked and grabbed his book back in his hands. Wow, I would go with the latter.

I pushed my chair back and walked out without looking and accidently bumping into... Dragon.

I grabbed her waist and pulled her into me, not letting her fall back. Peaches filled my lungs and I suddenly was able to breathe better.

Her eyes locked with mine and the wince escaped her face. Her beautiful face. She'd been MIA this entire week. Obviously making sure to leave room wherever she didn't see me.

But, not this time.

"We need to talk."

Her brows bunched together. "We do?"

I nodded and stepped back, letting her go. The awful tugging at my heart wanted me to grab her to me and never let go.

"My room." Because that was the place Alden wouldn't come in. At least without warning.

I wasn't sacred of him. Or maybe a little. I mean the guy punched like a MMA fighter.

I turned around and saw her glued to her spot. Sighing, I grabbed her hand and pulled her along with me. Once inside, I shut the door and turned around.

"What's your deal? Why are you ignoring me?"

She bit her lip and damn!

I had to look away. This was the exact place I had lost control. I couldn't do that again. Once a mistake, twice it's not.

I hoped her back was fine. This past month and half had been full of fightings.

I grabbed the seat on the chair by the study table, far away from her and gestured her to sit on my bed.

She took the seat and I knew she was working through what to say. "I'm sorry." was what came and I raised my brows.

"What? Why?"

Trying Not To Love (COMPLETED)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें