[Love and Tears] part 23.

Start from the beginning

"No..."

"He looked like he had just been stabbed when he saw you kissing that guy. What were you thinking?" Danielle asked, dissapointment in her voice.

"Don't act like the good Samaritan here! You're the one that told me it was right!" I responded, defending myself. I didn't see why she had gone all serious now!

"I didn't tell you to snog him, did I!?" Danielle shouted back. "Jay looked so hurt by what you did. Can't you see that?"

"What and I'm not hurt by all the things he does to me? Danielle you're meant to be my best friend. You're meant to defend me!"

"I am! I'm telling you what's good for you!" She yelled. I giggled in my head at her stupidness. Good for me? Jay was hardly good for me! And I don't care how he was looking at me! I don't care that he looked at me like he was stabbed. I don't care if he's actually stabbed. I refuse to give him any sympathy! He deserves everything that will come his way.

"Oh yeah? And what do you know that is good for me, Danielle?"

"I know Jay is," she replied, confidently. I let out a chuckle.

"Oh do you know? See that's were you're wrong!"

"What do you know about boyfriends, Callie?" Danielle shouted.

"I could ask you the same thing! You think you know everything Danielle, but you're just lettuce!"

"I'm just what? Lettuce? Is that meant to be like an insult?"

"Oh if you knew!" I laughed.

"What I'm trying to say is you're not experianced in boys. You've only had what 4 boyfriends? Including Jay!"

"Jay is not my boyfriend!" I shouted, putting emphasis on the not.

"Whatever! Me on the other hand; I've had plently of boyfriends!"

"Oh have you now?"

"Yes I have and I know that Jay's good for you."

"And how would you know? The only boyfriends you have are ones that are married or in relationships!" I shouted, anger growing inside of me.

"Oh you can really talk right now! And I've had more then just them!"

"No, Danielle. Because people who pay you for sex are not boyfriends." I spat out, instantly regretting saying if after it was too late. I covered my mouth. What had I just said? Danielle stared at me with wide eyes. Callie! What have you just done! I thought. There was no going back now, though. It had already left my mouth.

"That's not fair." Danielle whispered as she stormed out of the building. I sighed, knowing it was my job to go after her.

She ran infront of me, sniffling as she did so. I'm guessing she was crying. I ran after her, leaving mr. Simmons hanging. Guilt spread through my body as I tried my best to catch up to her. How could I be so stupid!

"Danielle!" I screamed after her, stopping to take my shoes off, holding them in my hand then running after her. "Danielle please stop! I didn't mean it!" I shouted, all in vain though, as she continued to run. I frowned. How could such a stupid thing leave my mouth!

I didn't give up. I was going to keep running after her, even if she ran to Asia. It was my fault she was running in the first place, so it's only fair.

I realized I couldn't put all the blame on Jay, but it was partly his fault too. Giving me another reason to hate him. There was no need to ask him the things I was going to, not anymore. I found out for myself that Rebecca wasn't lying. Jay was an ass. End of story.

Wouldn't this girl ever stop? I thought to myself, continuing to run after her as I grew more out of breathe by the moment. It was a war with my body as I forced myself to keep going. Don't stop. Don't stop.

Danielle continued to run but eventually stopped. I smiled in releif. I thought I was going to collapse.

Danielle sat on the pavement as people watched her with curiosity. I sat down next to her, the cold pavement collding against my bum cheeks. I looked at her. Her face was drenced with tears and that only made me feel worse.

"I am so so so so so so so sorry Danielle!" I told her, the tears that I had earlier defeate returning back to my eyes.

"Forget it," Danielle said, on top of all the tears and sniffling.

One man approached us, standing infront of us as he rummaged his pocket for change. He pulled out a couple of coppers, bending over to hand them to us. Danielle looked up at his with disgust.

"We ain't bloody charity cases you know. Take yourself and your poxy life savings away from me before I do something I'll regret." Danielle spat, angrily. The man widened his eyes in suprise before placing the coppers back in his pocket and scurrying along. Danielle swore under her breathe which did kind of made me afraide of her.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't know what I was thinking. I just said it like the stupid cow I am!" I said with a desperacy filled voice.

"You're not a cow," she responded, keeping her gaze locked to the floor.

"Right..."

"I'm sorry I stormed off like that."

"What? Why are you apologizing? It's all my fault!" I assured her, tackling her into a hug. When I pulled away I continued, "I don't know what's come over me today. I've been so stupid. I just... I don't know. I'm really sorry."

"Forget it," Danielle whispered. "But Callie, you was right."

I raised an eyebrow in confusion. Right about what? Jay? Me being stupid?

"I'm in trouble," Danielle said, as she broke her gaze with the pavement and looked up at me.

"Uh... With what?"

"You're right. All my boyfriends haven't been... Genuine and now I'm in trouble."

"What uh- what do you mean?"

"Callie, you've got to help me!"

"With what?" I repeated.

"Nacan. He's coming to get me and I'm scared."

"Who's nacan?" I asked.

She gulped. Was nacan a really bad person to make Danielle scared? Danielle was hardly ever scared.

----------------

So I wanted to do something different with this chapter. Something dramatic. But i've realised that nearly all my chapters have been dramatic or have ended with a cliffhanger. I know this chapter was kind of dramatic but I wanted to do something else. I figured maybe you lot are bored by the drama and want me to slow things down? Well after maybe then next 5 or so chapters, everything should be a bit more gentle. So yeah :)

By the way coppers are 1p's and 2p's for those who didn't know.

So until next time... Byeeeee x