Dinner Talkies

Pic as Chloe - - - - - - - - >

"Morning" Evan looked up at Daniel walking in the room rubbing his eyes followed by a yawn. He took his seat smiling at Evan with a tired smile.

"Morning, you were quite late last night, did you have a proper sleep?" Evan asked whipping up the eggs.

"Mhmm... cuddling you cured all my tiredness," Daniel said softly scratching his head untying the knots in his hairs. Evan's hand stopped with his breath for a few seconds, if this wasn't the only reason he still trusts Daniel and willing to give him a chance.

"Do you still have to work late?" Evan asked composing himself.

"Depends, today the board will see the report I submitted last night, and if they approved it then no otherwise yes." Evan nodded draining the whipped eggs into the sizzling pan.

"I have called Aahan and Steven for the dinner; I was hoping you'd be here." He commented lowering the heat and then turning to Daniel who looked wide awake now.

"Cool, I can't promise anything but I'll try my best."

"That's more than enough. You should get changed breakfast will be ready in a few minutes." Daniel nodded before getting up and leaving to their bedroom upstairs.

Fifteen minutes later Daniel and Evan were having their breakfast on the kitchen tabletop. Daniel was skimming through his phone and Evan was lost in his thoughts until a beep from Daniel's phone broke his concentration. He looked up to see Daniel frowning while quickly typing.

Only after Daniel put his phone down quite roughly that Evan asked"Is everything okay?"

Daniel shook his head sighing "Not really, the project I submitted has some parts missing, and the person responsible to fill it is sick and on leave. I'll have to leave early and see it."

Evan nodded "It's alright; just finish breakfast first I'll get your case ready." He got up walking out of the kitchen. "Thanks, Hun" Daniel replied.

Evan was thinking of talking to Daniel about Connor and everything, he was hoping to come to some conclusion but it seems as if the discussion has to wait for some time. Picking up the files scattered on the coffee table in the living room he set them inside the case Daniel carries. He must have worked after coming to home last night Evan thought closing the case and keeping it on the drawer cupboard near the living room door.

Evan turned to go back into the kitchen when Daniel walked in fixing his greyish blue suit. If there was one person made for suits in this world then it was surely Daniel, it is as his body is made to wear suits only.

"I'll be leaving now; I might get late so say sorry to Steven and Aahan from my side." Daniel kissed Evan followed by a light hug and then walked out the door picking up his case in the process.

Evan let a sigh feeling a stretch coming to his back. He walked back to the kitchen to finish his own breakfast and then maybe check his mail to see if the editor has sent any reply. He was hoping for there to be some so he can start on the climax of the book.

Eating he began to think of his routine and peaceful life. How everything is set in its place and there is no space for anything out of ordinary to happen as the most exciting thing that happened to them was Connor entering their lives and even he is temporary. Truthfully it wasn't that bad considering he is already in his mid-twenties and it is the right time for him to get out of his teenaged hyper life and settle into something more stable and permanent.

He at least hoped to settle down after talking to Daniel. It has been something that has been bothering him for some time now and he was hoping to talk Daniel about taking the next step something that is more fixed and rigid. And now when Connor is here too maybe he can talk about both the topics at once. If Daniel is really just playing around and not serious about their relationship then it is time for Evan to move onto someone who is ready to commit.