29: smol human

Now he understood what Jungna felt back the days he needed to leave her for three days which she said it felt like three decades. But it another story for him now. Jungna left him almost for a week and it would be sound dramatic if he said he could not survive by staying alone but not having her by his side, felt different.

       Whenever Jungkook sent her to the airport, Jimin and Mr Park also there. Jungkook was surprised not because Mr Park presence but the same bothered feeling Jimin felt. Jimin didn't tell him straight to his face but enough by seeing Jimin's concern face while talking with Jungna had shown everything. Jungna needed to keep reasured her brother that everything would be fine.

        And for Mr Park, his expresion couldnot be predict. Since Jungna was the youngest in the family and this trip was her first, Jungkook thought he would be quite protective. But he wasn't. He looked calm enough unlike his eldest son. Yet, another time by a single glance, there was flashing of worriedness over his face. And another glance over him, he had the calm face again.

       Jungkook didn't know, why his heart was ramming so hard and felt so heavy when Jungna informed him about her trip to Dubai. And more concern him, that Jimin felt the same way. Sighㅡ whatever it was, Jungkook just hoped her journey to Dubai and came home both were safe and sound. No injuries, no nothing. All sounds. That the only thing he could wish for.

       It wasn't pass 24 hours yet since her leaving. Despite of that, Jungkook felt like there were many days had passed. He stayed in the living room only god knew how longs. Laying on the couch, staring blankly to the ceiling, having his mind wandered, trying to think what should he do when Jungna wasn't home but it would come back to him nothing. He felt lonely and empty.

       Whenever Jungkook in his deepest unclear thought, he felt his hand gently brushed against something furry. He turned towards the direction and only found the golden pup. Ippi had his eyes wavered and ears dropped. A slight whin escaped from him as if he understood Jungkook loneliness. Perhaps, he also felt incomplete without his mama.

        Jungkook instantly reposition his position on the couch, sitting up straight to reach the pup. At least, he had Ippi with himㅡhe thought. Jungkook snuggled his forehead against Ippi's forehead and gave him kisses.

       "Mama will come home few days ahead okay? So, me and you will stay together for now."

        After feeding Ippi, Jungkook finally found himself inside his room. He knew he needed to do something to distract his mind and his lingered feelings. Later after that, he settled himself on the edge of the bed, taking out his phone from his pocket to check on his message box or caller box. There no text from Jungna neither calls from her. Of course there not a single one yet, since she was still in her flight.

        Just whenver he wanted to put down his phone beside him, his phone slipped out from his hold and dropped on the floor. Incoherent curses left his lips. He bent down a little to reach the device but something caught his eyes. A mystarious box under his bed that he had no idea when it was there.

        Jungkook got off from the bed, laid on his stomach on the floor to reach for the box. The box was brown in coloured,decorated with blue ribbon that glued onto it. He took the box with him so did his phone before he sat down on the bed again. His eyes carefully examined the box before he opened it. Jungkook certained, the box was not his and it perhaps belongs to Jungna.

         Out of places, why under the bed?

       Curiosity took the best of him. Half of his heart, refused to look what was it but the other half was screaming to look what inside it. Jungkook nip his lower lip, thinking.

        Baby, I hope you don't mind.

        There, he opened it. His heart was violently beaten against his chest made he barely breath. There was things he unfamiliar with. At least, he could tell that was cards, something black and white film like ultrasound attached to the card with paper clip. Wait- ultrasound? Jungkook thought but he wasn't sure. Why there should be ultrasound. Until his eyes landed to the last thing in the box.

        His eyes were wide so did his mouth. His hand was trembling when he took the test kit and put down the box beside him. There was no word escaped his lips. With two lines displayed and the means of it was pregnant, Jungkook felt his heart churned. He looked away from the kit and let his eyes wandered around for a moment. He needed to clean up his mind.

      Is it true?

       Jungkook closed his eyes for a moment and opened them back. He glanced once again at the kit and put it into the box again. He took the so called card and there was written Jungna's name and another sort of thing until his eyes glued to the words that written eight weeks.

       She's pregnant all this time?

        Then, he flipped to look at the ultrasound. Jungkook didn't know what to say. He wasn't mad. He was sure he was happy than mad. But why Jungna didn't tell him on the first place. And that also be the reason why Jungna started gaining weight. Because she had a baby inside her womb.

     Jungkook pursed his lips tight and cupped his face. Jungna had his baby. Jungna really had his baby. He could feel tears started to well up in his eyes. He was thinking the reason why she didn't tell him about this but he sure Jungna had her own reason but stillㅡ

        Jungkook snapped his eyes opened. Something just made him realised. There was a moment, Jungna came to his work room while he was working. Jungkook remembered she said wanted to tell him about something but he told her, " can we talk a bit later? I'm working on something right now."

     Since then, no one brought up about the topic again. Neither Jungkook nor Jungna talked about it. After Jungkook done with his work, he didn't bother to ask her what the thing she wanted to talk about like he already forgot about it.

        "Stupid Jungkook." He cursed himself. That might be the time she wanted to tell him about the news. He still remembered her face at that time. Looks a little excited and a little nervous too.

       Jungkook rubbed his face out of frustration. Then, he remembered something similar again which happened just now, whenever Jungna was sitting in the room by herself after finished arranging her belongings. Jungkook was not with her in the room at the moment. Whenever he walked inside the room, he heard she said something like, "Let's just tell papa after we come back from Dubai okay?"

       Perhaps if Jungkook stayed evasdroping on what she was saying a little longer, he might be knew about this thing already.

        Jungkook sighed and closed the box before he laid on his back. His arm covered his eyes. The vision of surprise look on Jungna's face whenever he asked her "tell me what after Dubai?" seemed clear in his mind. Of course Jungna didn't say a word about it when Jungkook asked. She must be caught of guard.

        Also, no wonder she turned tensed when he said to her that her weight like she had someone inside her body, back the day Jungkook asked her to help with his exercise.

        "Only if I listened to you at the first place."

___